Chapter 49

I am a bit scattered at work and it must have shown because Mr. Briggs came up to me when I was sanitizing one of the work stations and asked, "Yasmin, is everything okay? You are only half here."

"Did I do something to one of the animals?!" I asked my heart dropping at the thought of my absent mindedness hurt an innocent animal.

"No, of course not. But I have noticed that you are only half here."

"I'm sorry. I'll do better I promise."

"What's going on?"

"Nothing that you need to worry about, at least for now."

"You will let me know?"

"Of course."

The rest of the workday I took extra measures to make sure I was present and double sure I didn't hurt any of the animals unnecessarily. I must have at least appeased Mr. Briggs some because he didn't ask me again, but I did notice him watching me.

Once I made it to my apartment, I set everything down on the table by the door and go to my room and change into to some sweats and baggy long sleeve shirt. I come back and curl up on my couch trying to figure out a plan on how I am going to save our realms.

How did I get into this? I wondered to myself trying to not panic.

We are now Unlyni. Hopeli starts but a knock on the door interrupts her. I get up from the couch and go answer the door and I'm surprised by who is standing there even though second thought I probably shouldn't be.

"Liam, what are you doing here?"

"I felt like I needed to be here with you."

"I'm fine Liam." I said but I move so that he can come in.

"Just indulge me woman." He says gruffly and takes me into his arms.

And before we can move away from the door there was another knock.

"Expecting someone?"

"Obviously not. I wasn't expecting you, what makes you think I would be expecting someone else."

He gives me a look that I really don't like.

"Don't go there." I said as I moved out of his arms and go to answer the door once again.

I open the door and Joseph is standing there. I didn't even get the chance to say anything he just pushed his way inside with me standing here with the door open. Once he is fully in my apartment I close the door.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Liam growled out.

"I wanted to see Yasmin." Joseph growled right back.

"That is enough you two. We are going to learn to get along and work together." I said stepping in the middle of them both. Because at some point they stalked towards each other and I wasn't about to have them duking it out in the middle of my living room. Although that could be very hot. I thought to myself.

Seriously?

What you know it would.

I put a hand on both of their chests and an electric current overrode my nervous system. I dropped my hands and look at both guys and notice their eyes are about the size of saucers.

"What the hell was that?" Liam asked.

"You felt that?" Joseph said still sounding stunned.

"Yes." Liam replied. They both look at me like I am supposed to have the answers.

"Yes, I felt it to." I say.

"So what the hell was it?" Joseph asked me.

"For once I agree with him." Liam said surprising both me and Joseph.