Chapter 32: Therapy gone wrong

Crystal just finished washing dishes and is wiping down the countertop and Adens highchair.

Devale walks in with Aden who actually went to daycare today.

Devale: Crystal, what are you doing, why can't you just chill until you're 20 weeks. Them dishes could have waited until I got back.

Crystal: Those dishes are from last night Devale. You said you would wash them this morning. I got tired of looking at them, I was about to cook but the kitchen was a mess.

Hey mommy's baby, did you have fun today? I missed you. She squeezes and kisses his cheeks.

Aden: I eat I eat mama

Crystal: You just ate lunch before you got picked up, you must want a snack. Let's go potty first.

Aden starts kicking and screaming when Crystal takes him to the bathroom. No Mama I eat eat mama mean mama

Crystal: You can have a fruit snacks after you pee pee. Stop crying ok, you want a fruit snack.

Adens stops crying but it still sniffing saying eat eat. Devale appears at the bathroom door with fruit snacks in hand. "You want these Papa" Aden face lights up. Ok go pee pee like a big boy ok.

Aden: Mama I pee pee (claps for himself)

Crystal: Got job mommy's big boy.
She washes his hands and hands him to Devale. She empty his potty washes her hands and goes to her favorite rocking chair in the living room.

After Devale celebrates Aden with fruit snacks and a potty song he puts him down, Aden runs to his playroom fruit snacks in hand.

Crystal: Babe can you bring the baby monitor in here please.

They get the monitor set up in the living room.

Devale: Stand up for minute.

Crystal is tired and hurting a little but she obeys his requests.

Devale pulls her in to hug being careful not to apply to much pressure on peanut. He gives her a few light kisses. I missed you today babe, how was your first day back.

Crystal put all her body weight onto Devale, he was massaging the sides of her belly.

Crystal: It was okay. I need to get re-adjusted. That feels so good baby.

Devale:Yeah I saw you were hurting when you sat down. He sat in the chair and sat her on top of him. Why was it just ok, what's going on?

Crystal: I just feel like when I'm gone for a while I'm lost a little nothing major.

Devale: Keep going.

Crystal: I was super emotional today, my baby is turning one on Friday and today was the first day in 2.5 weeks he wasn't near me. I don't want him to feel replaced when she gets here and I know I should be okay with him at daycare but I feel like time with him is getting away from me. (Sighs) you get to spend so much time with him but to him I'm mean mommy.

Devale: Baby he is one not eleven, he isn't trying to hurt your feelings he trying to get his fruit snacks.
You know he loves you, and he's still you're baby.  Do you want to keep him out of daycare until the baby comes, I can work around your work schedule so he can be near you.

Crystal: Yes, thank you babe.

Devale: No thanks needed, anything else on your mind?

Crystal: No babe, how was your day, what's on your mind.

Devale: I'm glad you asked. My day was fine until I walk in here and see you wiping down countertops and shit. Dr. Jackie cleared you to go back to work not back to doing 900 things around the house. Baby I don't want you doing any unnecessary physical activities. No house chores at all, am I making myself clear?

Crystal: Yes Devale

Devale: I was just babe

They start making out, just kissing and rubbing.

Crystal: You still are daddy.

Aden: Daddy (running into the livingroom)

Devale: What you little cock blocker

Crystal: Don't say that to my baby.  Aden do you love your mommy? Aden grabs his mommy's face and gave her a sloppy cheek kiss and ran back off.

Devale: See, and the boy smooth with it lol

The next day was the couples first day seeing a marriage counselor who told them it would be hard but worth it of they commit to doing the work.

The first session was intense. The therapist had to end the first exercise. He told them as long as they keep taking turns bickering then shutting down he can't help them. He told them to go home and discuss if martial counseling is something both are committed too.

The car ride home was silent until they got to the house.

Devale: I'll be back.

Crystal: Where are you going Devale?

Devale: I need a minute, but I'll bring your food back first.

Crystal: Devale you acting like this because I said I want to live at my house until we buy a house together? This is the exact same argument we had when I was pregnant with Aden, I'm comfortable at my house. We have been there all this time. Why switch it up now?

Devale: That's not why I'm upset, I'm upset because you refuse to 100% commit to us. Why can't we look for a house now, I'm a realtor. We can be moved in within 45 days and you don't have to lift a finger.

Crystal: Why do you have to control everything, why is it so important to you to move now?

Devale: Because Crystal, we almost got a divorce. We fought so hard to get out that place, as a husband it's my job to make sure my family is safe and taken care of. I can't do that from across town. I don't know how else to say it.

Crystal: Can I think about it?

Devale: Yeah whatever, what you want?

Crystal: Tacos, I'm going with you. She  locks her fingers in his as he drives off.

Devale: I love you but you get on my last nerve sometimes.

Crystal: I love you too husband!

They get food before picking Aden up and going home. The next few days were normal. Aden had a great first birthday with all his former daycare friends, cousins and  gymborie play mates.
Crystal gifted him a Tonka truck he could ride in, all things Spiderman, and tiny cars. Devale a bunch of ninja turtles figures,clothes,plushy,and a pull along bike.
The grandparents pull together to buy Aden his first flight and family trip to Disney world.
The next day Crystal took Aden and his cousins near his age to a toddler jump house. Angela brought her youngest two children who are 3 and 6. Crystal was helping Aden down the slide when she Angela with a concerned look on her face. She grabs Adens hand and walks toward Angela.

Crystal: Whats wrong friend?

Angela: Nothing girl I'm just watching this boy playing rough with my son. I want to give his mom a chance to get her child before I have to get mine. You know he got a little temper on him to only be 3.

Crystal looks over at the two 3 year olds, the other boy turns around. He is a cutie his body looks like he is  4  but in his face you can see he is barely 3. He is the cutest, so chunky similar to Aden. His mom comes calling for him, she notices Aden and her eyes got big. He looks just like her baby when he was that age, they kinda favor now. She smiles at her son, grabbing his hand..

Lady: Come on Ashton buddy, I told you hands to yourself. It's time to go home.

I'd like to point out I didn't mention the word vote in the last two chapters 😏

Vote 👇🏾
Vote 👇🏾
Vote 👇🏾