Chapter 28: Hold On

"I missed you so much more Wife" Devale said as he took a step back to look at Crystal, he hasn't seen her beautiful face in 28 days. Outside of her belly she hasn't gained much weight but her face has a pregnancy glow.

Aden was running back and forth from the livingroom to his room with his Paw Patrol action figures. Devale can't believe how big Aden has gotten, he is 7lbs heavier and almost fully potty trained and talks cash shit lol.

Devale pulls Crystal into another hug, he holds her there and rubs her back. You have no idea how many times I've prayed for this moment over the last month. I'm so sorry, I missed you so fucking much!

She pulls back a little as he drops to his knees to talk to his unborn child. "Hey Peanut, I'm your daddy, I can't wait to meet you." He said as he plants several kisses on her stomach.

Crystal is taking it and him all in, she is becoming emotional. She excuses herself to collect her thoughts. Devales wants to check on her but doesn't want to overwhelm her.

When she returns Devale and Aden are rough housing, Crystal is nervous but Aden squeals again everytime Devale lifts him over his head and throws him on his big boy bed.

Crystal: You ready to eat?

Aden fat self ran to his high chair "Mama I eat eat" Devale laughed as he put him in his highchair and pulled him over to the table.

Crystal made her and Devales plates, he set the table and got drinks. This felt familiar, they both missed this however tonight isn't about them it's  about Devale bonding with Aden.

Devale took Crystal's hand and prayed over the food, he also thanked God for allowing him this moment with his wife and child.

Over dinner Crystal told Devale all about her pregnancy cravings, Aden new words, her job ect. He told her about how well work is going, how he has really been doing the work to change himself. That's great, I'm proud of you she said, she stopped talking mid sentence when she noticed Devale was not responding to her.

Crystal: Whats wrong, why you looking at me like that?

Devale: Nothing, I just missed your face, missed your voice, I miss being in your presence. I miss all of you. I miss doing life with you.

Crystal:  Devale I miss you too, I do. Life has been really lifing without you between juggling work, being pregnant and alone while chasing an active baby. I had to fight with him twice a day to check or change his bandages, he would be screaming Dada. It was heart wrenching, but seeing him so happy to see you makes me want to reconsider visitation through the courts. The divorce probably won't effect him as much as not seeing you will, I'd like it if we could come to a solution.

Devale: I'd like that as well, whatever you want I'll do. (He chose to ignore the divorce comment for now)In addition to visitation can I come to your dr.appts? I want to be there for this baby just I was with Ash bash.

Crystal: How about this, you can see him during the week after school and you can take him one weekend day for now. My doctors appts are every other Wednesday at 9am. If you want to come 2mrw you can.

Devale: Thank you Crystal, I know you are going against your word and I promise I won't fuck over your trust. He gave her the biggest thank you smile before spending the rest of his time with Aden.

Devale and Aden played, reviewed his colors, read a story, Devale bathed and put Aden to bed while Crystal was washing dishes picking up toys.

Devale: Hey I'm about to head out, I'll see you at 9am at Dr. Jackie's office.

Crystal: Okay, uhm I really enjoyed tonight, text me when you get home.

Devale:Ok and before I leave I want to say thank you again. Whenever your ready maybe we can talk about the divorce. I'll give you whatever you need.