Chapter 31: Angelas Advice

Crystal: "Sighs" I fucked up.

Angela: Oh Lord. What now?

Crystal: I slept with Devale.

Angela: Ok, he is your husband, what's the problem. Shit you needed to take the edge off.

Crystal:
The problem is i'm addicted to this man I want to live in his skin. This morning he was playing trucks with Aden and I started to feel jealous because I wanted his attention on me. How am I jealous of my kid being getting attention from his damn daddy. I feel crazy, I hate and love him equally.

Angela: It's the baby sis, you're not crazy

Crystal: I'm very adamant about going through with the divorce. Not only was it him who asked for it but he cheated on me and kidnapped my baby.
He damn near stopped me from working and accused me for months on not wanting my child. Those are the facts.
He has only been here 4 days and done already pulled my baby out of school, accused me of cheating, accused me of putting "niggas" before Aden and made me cry 2x.

Angela: Well do you want my opinion or are you just venting?

Crystal: Both

Angela: He didn't kidnapped him sis, he picked him up from school early. If he was a deadbeat or if Aden wasnt familiar with him that would be something different. Him getting a paternity test was stupid as fuck, ain't no way around that. Also I'll never agree that cheating is acceptable married or not however it is forgivable if you choose too. My suggestion is yall have a sit down because you're going to have a newborn and a one year old very soon.
Crystal: I know but I know he will help with them regardless. He made it clear he is only here for them, and I still went took my horny ass in there.

Angela: Lol. Did you tell him it was Deliah texting from a new number?

Crystal: Nope he didn't ask, he just assumed I had a new nigga, said some slick shit and left. Deep down no matter how good of a mother I am he will never see it. I'm praying so hard not to go through postpartum with this baby. I'm scared he will use it again me to try to take my babies.

Angela: Girl postpartum is normal, talk to your husband.

Crystal: I will eventually.

Devale: Why not now.  You just told her things you have never said to me. You want the divorce,fine granted! But you think I would use postpartum against you, and aren't you the one who wouldn't let me see or talk to my son for over a fucking month? oh I made you cry twice yesterday?

Devale: Yo Ang she'll call you back I need to talk to my soon to be ex wife.

Crystal: Are you eavesdropping? We can talk later. I'm not in the mood.

Devale: You are in the fucking mood, you talking to her when you need to be talking to me.
You're talking loud as hell on speaker phone, and shocked I fucking heard you!

Crystal: I'm super emotional today, we got a week until the next appointment. This can wait until then, I'm trying to keep the stress down. Come here sit down, she ask and pat the spot next to her on the couch.
When Devale obliged, she straddled him wrapping her arms around his neck.
Crystal: (Whispers) I'm sorry you heard that, but you missed the part when I told her I'm addicted to you. She laid on his chest and sighed. I love you Devale, I don't want a divorce, I want our family back. I'm scared baby, you really hurt me I mean deep. I'm trying to forgive you but it's hard, and yes when you left out last night I cried myself to sleep. I was scared you wouldn't come back. (Crying) I'm sorry for keeping Aden from you, I'm a good mom to him. I make be a bad wife but I'm a good mom. I I just want us to be okay..and even though I'm talking about it. I don't want a response please just listen and hold me. I love you so much Devale. I hope you know that. Don't call me your soon to be ex wife, I'm your wife baby .

Devale lifted her off his chest, he wiped her tears and laid her back in place. He said nothing, he just listened. He was taking notes but now wasn't the time for rebuttle. Crystal cried herself asleep in his arms. He laid he on the couch just as Aden was waking up from his nap. Aden kept pointing at Crystal belly saying baby giving it kisses.

Later that night Devale took the trio out to dinner. He told her how he really feels and apologized for anything he has done to hurt her. He then agrees to put it off until after the appointment which is a week away.

The next week flew by, the were waiting for Dr.Jackie to give the all clear.

Dr.Jackie: You are in the clear for now, your pain is down and your growing on pace. You can resume  work for now until you are 32 weeks.

Crystal: Whew I can have my life back, thank you peanut for your cooperation.

Devale: Damn you that eager for me to go home, it hasn't been all bad I even got Aden enrolled back in that punk ass school.

Crystal: Lol thanks but you still ain't sent him so it don't matter. You don't have to leave you just gotta stop trying to kick my baby out my bed.

Devale: So let's get straight to it, we should call off the divorce and go to counseling to fix our shit. I didn't get married to get divorced and we have been apart long enough.