𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦-𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.

"Mr. Han Jisung, do you know why you were called here today?"
"I'm sorry, sir, but I have no idea. I got the message that my father was arrested. Can I ask you why?" Jisung nervously shifted in his seat.

The officer gave him one look that resembled sympathy. But Jisung didn't understand; why would the officer be sympathetic?

"Are you aware that your father has confessed to abuse and murder? We investigated the house and found evidence that a family had lived here and that you aren't Mr. Han's only son. You had a brother and a sister. After some investigation and questioning, your father confessed all the crimes he did. We wouldn't have believed him, if the crimes weren't identical to the report."

Jisung's eyes widened. "The report?"

"Yes, Jisung-ssi, the report. We were reported by a reliable source that wished to remain secret. But the thing is, after a light beating, since your father was under the effect of alcohol, he confessed all the crimes before we even picked up the report to ask him questions! His confession was identical to the report crimes. We believed that it really may have been the case."

The officer took a deep breath. Jisung was still trying to process all this information.

"Now that we're done explaining, it is your turn, Jisung-ssi. Is it true that your father beat your twelve-year old sister to death? We know, but we want the last confirmation from you."

"Yes.. " Jisung weakly replied.

"Where were you and your brother?"

"Father had locked us in the basement-"

"And starved you for almost a week? And your older brother committed suicide because he was no longer able to bear all this?" The officer asked sharply.

"Yes.. " there was no point in lying, so Jisung told the truth.

"Yet again identical to the report. Very well. Why didn't you report to the police?" The officer asked.

"I'm sorry. Father manipulated and scared me and I couldn't reach out to anyone." Jisung mumbled. He looked up to see the officer having a kind expression on his face.

"It's okay, Jisung-ssi. I grew up in a similar household, I understand you. I want to tell you, we're taking this to court. Your father could earn 25 years sentence, or a life one. You will be receiving your inheritance, which is all your father had. Everything is yours."

Jisung nodded and stood up to bow once and leave. Before he could open the door, the officer stopped him.

"You must have known how difficult it is to live. Like life is a burden. But now you know it isn't. Dark days end. They ended for you, like how they ended for me. Here's another confirmation that life is worth living. Oh, and Jisung-ssi? You know how difficult living is. Everyone has their problems, all of them immensely difficult, even if people don't share it. So please be kind to everyone. Please use your pain not for revenge, but to open your heart and sympathize with others. You are okay. I am okay. We are okay. Good day to you, Jisung-ssi."

With that, Jisung closed the door behind him. Not just the door of the office, but the door to his past, everything he held on to and everything that held on to him, like a cactus, hurting. Stinging. But now, Jisung had broken free. Life had given him a chance to heal, and he was going to take it. There will not be any pain. There will be only healing. Only healing.
----------------
Minho put on his coat, his second week at work. He was going to inherit a whole company from his parents' companies. His life went from a broke struggling person to a rich CEO. He still went to the cafe he worked at, disguised, though he hinted he'd be leaving that work soon. No one wanted to see him go. He also didn't want to leave, but the business was demanding.

Not to mention, he had found such useful files that day, and there was the point where his plan began.

His parents were secretly a part of mafia murderers. That was it. He was going to do threaten to report them. That would be enough to keep them away from his life.

That was it. A successful, brilliant plan. Well, not successful yet, but we're getting there. He sighed. It was time. The evil need to be replied to. The time for the good and righteous to triumph over evil was near, perhaps even nearer than ever.
------------------
"Never in a million years did I ever think that you'd be doing this," Changbin took another bite. "I mean, I knew you'd go any length for him the first time I saw you look at him properly, but I never thought you'd do this!"

"Are you sure about it? The whole school would see it," Chan asked him. Minho nodded, not an ounce of doubt in his eyes. He did not care if anyone sees or hears. It's meant for Jisung.

"We wrapped up the lyrics beautifully. I tried contacting J.One but he wouldn't reply. So I think we have to produce this one song without him. I'll leave him one message, though." Changbin said.

Minho sighed, "Can't you guys meet in real life? How can you have his phone number without ever meeting him?"

"We don't have his phone number, silly. Instagram has dms too, didn't you know that?" Chan snickered.

"Oh, ok." Minho went back to sipping his drink. They were in the middle of producing a song. Well, Minho singing and them producing. Minho, like how Changbin said it, couldn't believe he'd be here doing all this just for Jisung. But he knew how much Jisung loved music, he wanted to make an effort just to make Jisung happy. He didn't care how many sleepless nights it would take.

Changbin and Hyunjin, on the other hand, had their standard i told you so behaviour that Minho disliked so much. They had always known that it wasn't the solution, which meant that Minho felt more stupid than he has ever felt before.

He sighed. Will Jisung ever take him back? He probably wouldn't. No, why would he? Minho hurt him to no end, how would Jisung ever trust him again? It was fucked up. He was fucked up.

"Now, Minho, don't overthink. Everything's gonna turn out fine. You'll be okay. You aren't a bad person. One bad decision does not erase your life. You can reverse. We all do stupid shit sometimes. And you deserve a second chance. We're on your side." Chan smiled at him encouragingly. Minho smiled back weakly.

The same old words that ruined it all.

"Everything's gonna be okay."
--------------------------
I'm sorry it took so long
Also the correct pronunciation is pissing me off
I'm changing my keyboard settings the second this story ends
I'm horrible these days but i have to finish a story
Also I'm in a very significant academic year that will affect my career
But
I'm thinking of another fanfic alreadyyyy🤓☝️
Just the thought of it makes me so excited and happy
Sorry if these chapters sound rushed
Really want to just complete it lol