ੈ✩‧₊˚₀₀₉ ੈ✩‧₊˚

FRIDAY

DECEMBER 12TH, 2021

9:21 PM

"wait, cassie got an abortion? i whispered to bb. "bitch you missed so much shit." she replied.

i looked at the other side of the room where cassie was sitting. she was on her phone isolated from the rest of the group.

i turned my head for a split second. and when i did, i saw nate walking in with some ran down rebound. natalie from our squad "ew." i said. she would definitely be cut after tonight.

he looked at me with a sly look.

"does it look like i give a fuck? because i dont." i said to maddy. "why the fuck would he bring that hooker to a winter formal? he's such a dickhead." she rolled her eyes.

"seriously. he's just in his feelings about me saying we needed a break. trying to make me jealous." i said.

i then pulled out a flask from my purse. "guess who's getting super lit tonight?" i said and chugged it. "um, selfish much? share bitch." maddy said and took the flask for herself.

"hey rue, jules." i said as they walked up to the table. they smiled and took a seat.

"this is so fucking lame." bb moaned.

"what if these are, like the big moments in life?" cassie asked us as she came to join the group. "my mom always talks about how high school was this big monumental moment of her life, but i cannot imagine being 40 and looking back at this, like, "wow"."

"thats because most people peak in high school." maddy chuckled.

"i definitely havent peaked so.." kat said.

"i feel like im not even a person yet." lexi added.

"yeah im definitely at like 25 percent peakness." cassie said.

that was a lie. she made her whole personality who she was in high school. it was so great for her because she dated a college football player.

"i feel like im at 100. but i can definitely get to 150." jules said.

"honestly i never thought id make it this far.. i dont know i always had this overwhelming anxiety that something bad would happen." rue said.

"in all fairness there were 3 weeks where i thought you were dead." maddie shrugged.

"okay but she's been sober for like three months." jules added.

"weren't you in rehab like six months ago?" maddy asked rue.

"um, yeah." rue chuckled.

"that is so fucking nasty." i said. everyone could see. nate was literally like hands on this bites ass cheek like it was a pornhub intro.

"gwen, dont do anything you'll regret.." cassie said.

i shrugged and took the last of what was in my flask.

i headed on the dance floor walking directly past nate. i grabbed one of his friends on the football team and dragged him to dance with me.

"how's your night?" i asked him. he chuckled. "its good, you?"

"pretty fucked. wanna make out?" i asked him. he nodded. so we did. at this point if nate felt like doing the things he did was okay, i was going to give him a taste of his own medicine.

"yo what the fuck!" nate yelled as he came towards us. i shrugged and smiled. "having fun, nathaniel?" i asked him ass i wrapped my arm around his friend. he stormed off outside.

"hes a dick." his friend said. "i know." i replied.

we continued dancing for a while until i had to pee.

"i have to pee." i said. i then headed to the bathroom and when i came back, his friend was gone. i sat at the table with the girls.

"so, how did that go?" maddy asked me. i shrugged. "it was fine."

nate then came back inside and stood in front of me. "can we talk." he said. i shrugged. "i dont know can we?"

"get up." he said to me. "no."

"gwen, just get up."

"why?"

"why are you so difficult, just get up and fucking dance with me." he said and held his hand out.

i rolled my eyes and let out a loud groan. "did you wash your hands first?"

"why would i need to wash my hands?"

"cause you had your hands on that girls ass." maddy said slyly.

nate scoffed and looked at me.

"fine." i said and got up to dance with him. his hands on my waist and mine on his shoulders. it was a slow song.he pulled my head into his chest.

"i dont even know why im doing this right now. i hate you." i said as i sniffled. "i know." nate whispered.

"like you're so mean and bossy and annoying."

"i know, gwen."

"like why are we even together." i cried.

"are you drunk?" nate asked me. i looked at him in the eyes. "yeah, so?"

he chuckled and kissed my forehead. "i love you so much."

"shutup." i said.

"can i kiss you?"

"depends." i replied.

"i didnt kiss her gwen." nate said.

"fine." i said.

he cupped my face and wiped my tears before planing his lips on mine. we spent the rest of the night together coddled up. i wanted to cherish the good moments we had together.