ੈ✩‧₊˚₀₂₅ ੈ✩‧₊˚

SATURDAY 

SEPTEMBER 18TH, 2022

8:11 PM

"and here's a bouquet of a hundred pink carnations for the lady in my life," nate smiled and opened a card, "made with fascination, distinction and love." he then set the bouquet on my bed and came close.

"i love you," he whispered. 

"i love you too nate," i whispered back.

we then headed to a venue where cotillion was being held, and of course i had another bouquet waiting for me in his truck. 

"welcome," our principal said and shook our hands. we then found our seats and took them. i looked around to admire everyones beautiful dresses. although we had to wear white, there was quite some diversity in the room.

"i thought elliot wasnt coming?" nate asked me.

"he wasnt-" i said and slowly turned my head to see him walk in with taylor and rue. 

"but you know, im not letting them ruin my night. im here with you and thats all that matters, right?"

nate nervously chuckled and tapped his fingers, "right."

"nate the man," mckay said as he came up to us. maddy was alongside him with a huge smile. 

"whats up, man?" nate said and shook his hand. maddy set next to me and smiled. 

"youre cheesing.. did you guys fuck?" i whispered.

"ugh, i wish. ive been trying to hint at it since we got here. you?"

"you know nates down, whenever. but he's kind of on edge. i think because elliots here, which by the way.. you wouldn't know anything about?"

"what? he literally said he wasnt coming what the-"

"if everyone would take their seats, please. we will get started soon," 

i continued to keep my eye on elliot and taylor. it was such an odd sight to see elliot in a tuxedo, probably because he claimed he never owned one. 

"tonight is all about our seniors of east highland. as you know you are being awarded for something significant wether it be your performance in academics or athleticism, either way, you have contributed to east highlands reputation positively."

nate reached his hand over to mine to comfort me. he noticed the little things.

i mostly wondered what award elliot and taylor could possibly win. for one, elliot was not big on academics and taylor hasn't even attended east highland long enough to receive recognition. 

"hey, do you need to step outside?" nate whispered into my ear. i looked down at my trembling thigh. then at him. "im fine." i said and flashed a short smile.

"i dont think you are, gwen. its bothering you, isn't it."

"nate, i said im fine. just call me when theyre about to announce miss east highland." i said and excused my self from the table.

i headed to the bathroom, thankfully no one was there. i sat down on the toilet and pulled my phone out along with a puff bar. i didnt usually hit a vape, but desperate times call for desperate measures. something was bound to happen.

ME: do you have molly

ASH: tf you need molly for

ME: desperate times call for desperate measures

ASH: whatever the fuck that means

ME: you gonna bring some or what??

ASH: im clean