ੈ✩‧₊˚₀₂₁ ੈ✩‧₊˚

WEDENSDAY

SEPTEMBER 1ST, 2022

9:41 AM

"good morning seniors of east highland, please take your seats."

i was sitting next to nate, rue and the new girl taylor. elliot was running late, and maddy simply didn't show up to school. we were sat in the auditorium for our monthly senior meeting.

"so, you are joined with me today to talk about senior cotillion, something very valuable and memorable."

"so whats this senior cotillion?" taylor asked us.

if you would fucking listen you'd know.

"its just an award ceremony, kind of like the grammy's but for athletes and student body.. also smart kids,"

"and i fit none of the above," rue said pointing her finger up in the air. "but you two do?" taylor asked me and nate.

"mhmm, and as captains, we share a dance."

"a solo in fact."

"and nate cant dance to save his life so, we'll see how it goes."

"so what does your boyfriend have to say about this cotillion solo captain dance?" taylor asked me. i was appalled. all of a sudden, this new girl comes in and knows everything about my life and relationships?

"i mean he's not going, and he understands the circumstances. besides, its one dance. we get to dance lots more than that if you catch my drift,"

nate snickered.

"i mean he's comfortable with you spending a whole night with your ex boyfriend?"

"they have a pretty healthy relationship, enough where elliot can trust gwen for one night. what kind of trauma have you been through?" nate chuckled.

if only he knew.

taylor shrugged, "i just wouldn't trust my boyfriend to go anywhere with someone they've dated or anything like that."

"well if it makes you feel any better, i dont have any intentions fucking gwen, so." nate said subtly.

"good to know," she grinned.

was she secretly plotting to fuck nate or elliot?

ME: where are you?

ELLIOT: im omw

ME: okay hurry i miss u

read

"if you are planning to attend cotillion and you are not an athlete or student body, please come to the front to pick up an envelope and form. we have 200 seats remaining and they will sell fast."

taylor looked at rue and smiled. they made their way to the front of the auditorium while nate and i stayed put.

"i hate her." i said quietly. nate chuckled. "now why is that, she seems nice?"

i rolled my eyes at him. "she's clearly trying to come for my throat, like. and she's obsessed with you," i shrugged.

i then felt a tap on my shoulder. it was elliot.

"hey sorry im late. i brought you a coffee." he said then kissed my cheek.

i frowned and took a sip as i watched rue and taylor head towards us. "see you at the cotillion," she said and waved.

"you guys are acting like this is the met gala," elliot groaned and sat behind me and nate, "its literally gut wrenching."

"look, cotillion is a big deal. bigger than prom. and frankly, it is quite like the met gala. but more like the grammys. and i'm also pretty bummed youre not going to be there." i shrugged.