ੈ✩‧₊˚₀₁₈ ੈ✩‧₊˚

TUESDAY

AUGUST 23RD, 2022

8:11 AM

i looked down at a saddened ashtray. he was never sad. that was until he was ripped away from his brother.

"look, im just going to be right around the corner, ash. you have my number if you seriously need me. otherwise, you'll be fine." i said. he rolled his eyes and walked off to find his class.

"he's still not pleased with you?" nate asked me as he unleashed himself from the withhold of his locker.

"hey, nate." i sighed. he looked down at my feet, then back up at me and snickered. "do your feet ever get tired?" he asked referring to me always wearing heels, including today. i shrugged. "im numb," i smiled shortly.

he then turned his head and gripped his backpack tightly. i couldn't tell what he was looking at until i scooted over a couple of inches. jules. i snapped my fingers a couple of times to retrieve nates attention again. "hey, dont you have a class to get to?"

his eyes fluttered a bit before he looked directly at me. "no i have a free period."

"so, you have a free period and you're here at eight in the morning?"

"football practice, i'll catch you later." he said. he wanted to kiss me, i could tell. but his new rewired brain wouldn't allow him to.

i then headed to class. APLIT. stands for accelerated paced literature. i stepped into the classroom to glance upon rue and elliot sitting on a bean bag chair. i tilted my head and suddenly my heels stopped the annoying click clacks.

"sup," rue said then put up a peace sign. i stepped outside to double-check that this was the right class because there was absolutely no way-

"ma'am?" an older woman said as she approached me.

"hi," i said with a nice wide smile, "is this ap literature?" she nodded and signaled me to join the class. elliot sprung up and pulled me to the bean bag chair.

"so how was your night?" elliot asked me. he reeked of beer. "are you drunk?" i asked him. he chuckled and looked at rue. "dont look at me, im sober!" rue said and shook her head rapidly.

"a little bit, i needed a pick me up for the first day. other wise, i would not be here today." elliot smiled and kissed my cheek. i wasnt too keen on elliot drinking before school, but i was also confused as to how two addicts, well one recovered landed a spot in an accelerated pace class.

4 HOURS LATER

i sat in between nate and elliot and looked at the others at the table. "where's ash?" i asked everyone. they then pointed to him. he was across the cafeteria sitting with a girl. "wow," i chuckled, "thats new,"

"you probably shouldn't go mom mode on him, gwen." nate said and nudged me. "nate, shut the fuck up." maddy said while rolling her eyes at his stupid joke. she then picked at her salad. she hated eating in front of boys. it was something she was self conscious about.

"hey, kat. do you think you could come over to my place and help me pick out a dress?"

kat nodded and smiled, "of course."

"wait wait wait wait, im your boyfriend. and i dont even know what this dress picking is about. also, why cant i pick zed dress?" elliot asked me.

"thats because you just say okay to everything i pull out. and its for senior pictures." i said.

"isn't the theme like black tie and dress or something? why do you need help picking out a dress?" nate asked me. i rolled my eyes. "maddy,"

she grinned and set her fork down. "this is the problem with you guys, you just think one is done, no no. look, there's a million girls in the world."