ੈ✩‧₊˚₀₂₄ ੈ✩‧₊˚

TUESDAY

SEPTEMBER 14TH 2022

9:33 AM

"happy birthday rue!" i said with a smile. she smiled back, "thanks gwen."

i sat down next to nate and rested my head on his arm, "so have you heard?"

"heard?"

"the nominations, theyre out. im nominated for ms. east highland of course."i said then flashed a flashy smile. "thats great." he said nonchalantly.

"well you dont seem too thrilled about it," i sighed, "but its fine."

"its not that im not thrilled, i just dont think its a big deal. i mean you win at everything else in this school. dont you think its time for someone else to get the crown."

"what do you mean win at everything? i didnt know high school was a fucking competition nate." i muttered. he sighed. "so you're that self centered that you don't see you're better than everyone else?"

"i dont know wether to take that as a compliment or an insult."

"thats what i mean, gwen. youre so self unaware its crazy. i mean why do you care so much about what people think of you?" he asked me.

i was puzzled because yesterday we were fine. all of a sudden its like he's out to get me.

"look who's talking," i scoffed "you walked out of lexi's play because of what reason exactly? okay then." i then stood up and walked out of class.

"gwen." he said.

TEN MINUTES LATER

"maddy im literally going crazy," i said and flushed the toilet.

"i dont know bitch, this off and on shit... its hard to keep up with. i mean what this is the tenth time in the past four years?"

i unlocked the stall and headed to the sink to wash my hands. "but its like, i dont know. today he's off. and its kind of been weird since that party last week." i shrugged.

"speaking of parties, are you coming to rue's surprise party? taylor's hosting it at her place and i know you'd get a kick out of it."

"well, to be frank, i wasn't invited and i dont want to make a big deal out of it." i said.

"well, suit yourself. i heard taylor got a special performer to perform. all exclusive and like i said, i know you'd get a kick out of it."

suddenly, it crossed my mind about cotillion.

"hey, you still dont have a date for cotillion, right?" i grinned.

"no, why? did you find me one?"

"i think mckay would be a person of interest. hear me out, its only for one night. and if it goes bad i will treat you to whatever you'd like."

"im down," she shrugged.

"wow. thats was... easy? well, i have to go back to class. but i'll see you at dance practice." i said then blew kisses to her.

i stepped out of the bathroom only to be pulled aside by elliot.

"what do you want?" i asked him as i leaned against the locker.

"relax, i just.. i wanted to apologize. for how i acted... and then not saying anything about taylor." elliot said.

"i hope you dont think me accepting your apology is me getting back together with you or even being friends, elliot. i mean you went haywire and didn't even ask. thats something i'd expect from nate, but you?"