ੈ✩‧₊˚₀₂₇ ੈ✩‧₊˚

MONDAY

SEPTEMBER 27TH, 2022

8:12 PM

 i shut my locker to see people crowding the halls. it was kind of crazy, in the span of a week, my cousin had died, nate was on trial, and cassie was now back.

"so whats the plan? we beating that bitch up?" bb said as she came up to me while sucking on a lollipop. i turned my head and side eyed her, "the fuck you eating a lollipop for at 8 am, bb?"

"i got it from over there," she said and took it out of her mouth to point in the direction of the crowd. i decided to see what the crowd was about.

"excuse me," i said while pushing my way through the crowd. what i saw was... unspeakable.

"what do you think you're doing?" i asked cassie who was standing in front of a poster of mckay. she made a memorial for him, mainly to make herself look good.

"im supporting mckay. i loved him too, gwen." cassie said then held a tissue up to her eye. i looked down at the table. flowers, candles and candy. 

"cassie you cant be serious," i chuckled.

"oh but i am."

"and taylor? where is she,"

"well, since i wreaked enough havoc, i just sent her away." 

i rolled my eyes, "whatever. just-- take this shit down please. he doesn't even go here anymore."

cassie sighed, "thank you everyone, for paying your respects."

i then headed to the library to get peace and quiet. sadly, that didnt last long.

"sorry for your loss." elliot said and sat in the chair in front of me.

"thanks," i said and began to gather my belongings to leave,

"wait, can we talk? i have a lot of things to tell you... starting with the whole taylor situation."

"i don't really have time--"

"stop lying, i know your schedule gwen. please, just talk to me. im begging you."

i sighed and sat back down, i did wonder sometimes, why did he do what he did.

"so, here it goes..." elliot sighed.

"truth is, i loved you, i still do. and seeing you become friends with nate again really just kind of screwed with me because he was always there, always near you. i was afraid of what he'd do to you. and when he was there after i cane to get my jacket, i just couldn't take it anymore because i knew you loved him too."

"elliot--"

"but, then taylor came... and i thought hanging out with her would make you want to come back, and i feel like its my fault mckay--"

"please, dont say his name."

"oh... sorry. but yeah, i feel like that was my fault. and i'm sorry, i am." he muttered. 

"look, i really dont-"

"gwen casey, please report to the front office please, i repeat, gwen casey, please report to the front office."

"see you later?" elliot asked me. i shrugged and made my way to the front office like i was asked. to my surprise, this was not who i expected to see.

"i hope this aint weird or anything." bj spoke.

"no, i mean.. i dont even want to know. what are you doing here?" i asked the curly headed boy.

"fez told me about your boy, i wanted to see if there was anything i could do. and then i thought me showing up here.. you'd feel more safe than if i showed up to your house." he then turned around to grab something. "lori wanted me to give you this," he said and handed me an envelope. "open it later."

"um-" i looked up at him, "thank you. seriously."

"dont sweat it, just call me if you need anything." he said and walked off. the thing was, i didnt have his number. 

today was supposed to be a shitty day. nate and jules were both in court regarding cal's trial and this would determine his fate and if he'd be put away for good.

he missed school today, so i really had to be here alone, and it was not something i could do alone. 

i sat in the courtyard and pulled out my phone, hoping to find a juicy article to take my mind off of things.

"hey," ashtray said as he walked up to me.

"hey, kid."

he smiled and sat next to me. "brought you a donut, if youre up for eating." he said and handed me the white bag. it was pink sprinkled. my favorite.

"thanks, ash." i said and pulled the donut out and took a bite. 

"bj came to visit me." i chuckled.

"are you serious?"

"you wouldn't have anything to do with it right?"

"nah, i wouldn't. hey, what are you gonna do about nate, you know if cal doesn't get put away?"

"i dont know, i just... i dont want to think that way, honestly."

"i know but, thats gotta be fucked up."

"look, cal knows a lot of shit, and honestly he could rat you out if he wanted to, but im not letting my son go to jail." i said and let a soft giggle out.

"thanks, mom." he chuckled and leaned his head on my shoulder.

i kissed his forehead and sighed, "why aren't you in class?"

"i might've told the teacher i was in the bathroom. i dont know how you took pre cal."

"it was a pain, but for gpa purposes it was worth it." i shrugged.

6:24 PM

ashtray sat at the bar and pulled his homework out, "this shit is dumb as fuck im about to photo math it."

"think smarter, not harder." nate said.

"hey, don't encourage my son to cheat." i said rolling my eyes and smacking nate lightly.

he sighed and kissed my cheek. "we need to talk," he whispered.

"i know," i replied.

"hey, ash, why dont you take my keys and go get some food?" i said.

"wait, seriously?"

"yes, food and back. no where else." i said and pointed to the counter. he grinned. "also, no texting and driving."

"right," he smiled.

after ashtray left, i propped my legs on nates lap and sighed. 

"well, hes getting 10 years, and then will be eligible for parole."

"is that.. is that good?" i asked him.

"i dont know, gwen. the shit he did was bad but its like... he's still my dad. and how do i feel knowing he's in jail and never coming back home? he won't see me graduate, won't see my kids,"

"nate. i know, but he needs to feel remorse, and the only way is to be contained."

nate let out a big sigh. "unrelated topic, and this may not be the appropriate time, but... we havent had sex in a while."

i smacked my teeth, "you know what? we might have thirty minutes with la traffic," i giggled.

"i like the way you think," he said then pecked his lips.

it sort of came to a realization if nate had me, he'd be somewhat okay.