ੈ✩‧₊˚ 𝙎𝙋𝙀𝘾𝙄𝘼𝙇 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍: 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙉𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 𝙒𝙀 𝙈𝙀𝙏 ੈ✩‧₊˚

FRIDAY

OCTOBER 11TH, 2018

12:11 PM

i looked back at her, only because thats all i could do

i looked back at her, only because thats all i could do. she was my best friends cousin and did i dare get intimate with her? no way, she was off limits.

"so, coach go over the playbook with you?" mckay asked me. i was still thinking about her, why?"

"yo bro," mckay lightly nudged my arm, "you good?" he chuckled. 

"yeah, im good." i said then entered the lunchroom with him. we took our usual seats, the table next to the dance team. she was on it, in fact. i made sure to always get a clear view of her, so my seat consisted of the surface of the table.

i waited for her. she usually came to lunch around 12:13.

"ayo nate, you ready for the party tonight," one of my teammates, logan, said to me and dapped me up. "yea, for sure." i replied nonchalantly. i checked the time on my phone. 12:15. something was wrong. 

i know it was weird. i barely knew her. she was affiliated, and that was it. of course we went to middle school together, but back then we were too afraid of cooties to even speak to the other gender.

"im gonna go take a leak," i said and stood up. in reality, i was going to look for her. 

within thirty seconds of searching, there she was. i came close as she continued to kick the vending machine. 

"fuck!," she looked over at me, "all this money your dad gives to the school and they cant afford decent vending machines?" she said and crossed her arms.

i chuckled, "sorry, ill put in a word." i then set my hand on the top of the vending machine and tilted it so her bag of sour skittles would fall out. i bended over to pick them up and hand them to her.

"thanks, nate." she smiled.

"no problem, gwen." i smiled back.

"hey, are you going to the party tonight?" she asked me. i shrugged. i wanted to go, but i wanted to hang with her. and if she wasnt going, then why would i.

"i might," i smiled, "you?"

"me, maddy and cassie were going to go together. you should go with mckay." 

"will i see you there?"

she giggled, "depends."

"yo, nate. your'e not pissing!" mckay said as he walked out of the lunchroom. he walked up to the two of us and frowned.

was i afraid of mckay? no. i was more worried about our game. if he found out i had a crush on his cousin that would be the only thing on his mind for the rest of the football season.

"chris, youre so loud. he was just helping me, thats all." gwen smiled and looked up at me. she then looked back at mckay with a straight face and walked off. i hoped it wasnt noticeable that my eyes followed her steps. but you can only hope so much, right.

"are you looking at her ass?"

"no, what." i said as i snapped back into reality.

"dude, what have i told you about her? off fucking limits," he said then pushed my chest. leaving me alone in the hallway.

me being nate jacobs, i was not taking no for an answer.

1:23 PM

"yo maddy," i said as i scooted my chair closer to hers, "your friend, she's cute, give me her number?"

"um, cassie?"

"no, the other one. gwen" 

her eyes widened and she let out a tiny chuckle. "good luck with that, she's stubborn." maddy said. she then sent gwens contact from her phone and leaned in. 

"by the way, if youre thinking of asking her out, dont. she's gonna say no. she vowed she'd never date a football player during the summer." 

that was until she met me.

10:11 PM

it took a while for me to find her, but i did. i didnt want to be a creep and text her number. i felt the stalking was enough.

"hey, nate!" she said drunkly. antidote by travis scott was playing in the background and it definitely set the mood.

"sup," i said and reached over her to grab a red solo cup. i began pouring a mixture of things that i had no idea the taste of. i took a sip and hissed, "fuck." i whispered.

she giggled, "you mixed brown and clear. you have a death wish?"

"i dont drink much." i said.

"yeah, i can tell." she then handed me her cup to take a sip.

"this is juice," i said after swallowing. 

she shook her head no and took the cup back, "nope. malibu rum." 

"mckay around?"

"i thought you came for me," gwen said and tilted her head.

"i could spare some time," i shrugged and reached for her free hand.

we danced for a while until she had to pee. 

"do you want me to wait in line with you?" i asked politely. she smiled and shook her head no, "go get me another drink," 

so thats what i did. when i came back, she was gone. 

"hey, where's the little girl that was in front of you?" i asked.

"she was about to pass out so someone took her in that room down the hall."

"and you just let them?" i yelled.

that was when i experienced true fear and anger. i set the drinks down on the console and opened the door to the bedroom. thankfully she was alone.

"hey," i said as i lightly tapped her shoulder, "you okay?"

she nodded, "can you take me home?" she moaned.

so i did. it was like i was hypnotized. anything she wanted, i'd give it to her.

12:01 AM

"hey, were here." i whispered and tapped her leg. she smiled with her eyes closed. "thanks, nate. youre a good guy, you know that?" she moaned.

"thanks, gwen."

"we should hang out more. i like you," she said.

"i like you too."

"well, okay. ill see you at the game tomorrow, good luck. love you," she then got out of my truck and pranced to her front door. i didnt leave for about a good thirty minutes, only to ensure she was safe.