Chapter 13

A week later

Finally I am going back to school. I am a bit scared or should I rather say nervous but I am anxious. I am not ready to face the gossip girls since I am trending on Instagram, Facebook and TikTok because of Nkosiyabo' s post.

Till today I don't know why he posted our pictures but ke the damage has been done. Surely you are wondering how come do I have pictures with my bully , so last week I was forced to spend the week with Sihle because she missed me and spending one day with her was not enough so she decided to visit me for the whole week and of course she came with her hand bag or her body guard which is her brother. So on Wednesday when they came , they came with baking ingredients and asked me to bake with them. I agreed because it's not like we had anything to do. Nkosiyabo kept on making stupid jokes ,and teasing me. I was irritated but mostly annoyed , him and his sister found it very funny. Only to find out ukuthi uSihle is live on Instagram.

I was shocked angazi why didn't Sihle inform us that she is live on Instagram but we decided to move past it. When we were done baking chocolate chip muffins and vanilla muffins we decided to watch a movie. While we were watching the movie Sihle asked us to take pictures, I wanted to refuse but when she said that we are her only family that she has and she wants to have a picture of all of us together. One picture turned into million pictures and we ended up enjoying. Kanti uNkosiyabo will take our pictures of all of us together and post it on Instagram and Facebook with the caption ' My favorite place ' not only did he post that but he made our picture his profile picture on all social media platforms including WhatsApp so obviously that raised a lot of suspicions at school so nje I am not ready.

After doing a little prayer I went to the dinning room and I must admit it my mom is the best , she literally made all my favorites.

" Morning Sthandwa ( kissing her cheek )

" Morning nana how did you sleep?"

" Ngilale kahle wena ?"

" I slept like a baby "

" Hawu kodwa ma , why is that everyone's answer when you ask them how they slept guys babies are restless, they really do not sleep ngoba they do not mind waking up at 3am just for food so ma you are telling me ukuthi you were restless ?"

" Hayi wena I was trying to fit in phela nawe uyasho that's what everyone says mara ke ngilale kahle. Are you ready for school?"

" Yeah I think so , vele ma why   are you wearing casual clothes because you usually wearing your ' I'm your boss ' outfits?"

" Phela I am working from home today and probably tomorrow so that I can drop you off at school and fetch you after school. I miss driving you so I was like why not be a great mom."

" Ncoo that's cute mom I don't have a problem but I don't want our Mr Khumalo to lose his mind when he sees you looking all fresh and hot "

" ( Laughing) what are you talking about manje ?"

" Ma I am not a child I can actually see that Mr Khumalo wants you futhi almost everyone knows ngoba once kufika wena he stutters and forgets to speak English. "

"( Laughing) hayi wena ayikho lento oyishoyo rest. "

" I'm dead serious ma yazini let's make a bet angithi you driving me to school so when we arrive at school you are going to greet him ngoba he always standing at the gate and if he starts stuttering you owe me two hundred rands and if he doesn't I owe you two hundred rands. "

" Uyahlanya wena ashambe I need to work "

" Manje what about my food?"

" You will eat on the way pack your breakfast in one of my lunchboxes. Your books and everything is packed up kusele wena phela. "

" You are so in a hurry to meet ubabuKhumalo you even packed everything for me "

"Fuseg wena ngizokushiya "

I packed my food and went to the car. Unfortunately I am not using my car today but I don't care. My mom is already ready to leave me wow lomama une drama. I connect my phone and play Thina Zungu song Ekugcineni that's actually my mom and I favorite song. Oh did I actually tell you that my mom drives the latest BMW X6 with her initials engraved in each and every seat. It is black in colour but has red leather seats inside. On the way I kept on taking videos of us singing to our favorite artist songs till we arrived at school.

" Don't forget our bet "

" Hlelo I didn't even agree futhi angizingeni "

" That means you know ukuthi  ubaba uKhumalo has a crush on you. "

" That's an elder show some respect vele yini I crush"

" Mama I am in high school so I literally know about umjolo the pandemic"

So my mom went outside to open the door for me after I was told to wait for her. I could see Mr Khumalo fixing himself and that made me to laugh, you would swear he is a teenager. As we approached him he changed his voice and that was enough to make me laugh till I cry.

" Good morning Sir"my mom said

It seems like my mom is taken by him but ke we not there

" Mo..rnning MamMthethwa u.n.j.i.n?"

" Ngiyaphila meneer "

" Can I please ha.. have your numbers  to talk about Hlelo 's pr..progress ?"

" Um sir I need to leave I will give you tomorrow morning "

" Ok umuhle "

" ...."

Guys did my mom just blush at Mr Khumalo yoh wonders never ceases to amaze me. I left my mom with sir and went inside. I just couldn't continue listening to their conversation yoh it was traumatic for me I can't imagine my mom dating my Life orientation teacher but if it happens it happens.

I saw Zandile and her friends approaching and I knew that trouble was coming.