Epilogue: The Lives of the GX Characters

After some years, the many friends of Jaden Yuki were living in contentment and with new adventures of their own to live through. Let's see what became of them all. 

Mike was incarcerated after his attempt to sabotage Chazz and Aster, and he ended up being bullied by many of his cellmates, who were fans of the two duelists. One cellmate he once shared with was Zorath Newman. 

Zorath willingly faced justice for his crimes, but after his release, he became a far more mellowed man and with Jaden's support, was rehabilitated and able to make a comeback in the Pro Leagues, despite his criminal record. He is not as successful as he had hoped, but he became content with his lot in life, especially after finding love and having a family. 

Emerelda remained loyal to Aster for many years. She even helped prepare his wedding! After his retirement, Emerelda found a secretarial job elsewhere and fell in love with her employer, eventually marrying him. 

Nightshroud and Trueman never returned. It could be argued that this was due not just to Jaden's victory, but also because the future of mankind was further altered after the future event of the Divine Temple... 

Sir Freed was returned to his dimension as planned and is now living in a peaceful dimension with his people. He sometimes visits Bastion to engage in a shared pastime...

Banner and Stein are enjoying the peace of the afterlife. Furthermore, they encountered a familiar face there: Professor Thelonius Viper, who had been released from the Dimensions by Yubel when she had found Echo that time she and Jaden visited Bastion in the other Dimension. He had not only passed on to the afterlife, but Yubel also ensured that he was reunited with his son, Pierce. Banner often visits them to watch their duels together. 

Trapper never went to prison as he returned every card he ever stole to prove his redemption and then built a new deck for himself. He sometimes challenges Jesse when their paths cross. 

Yusuke Fujiwara went on to marry and have a large family, which helped fill the void of losing his parents. Honest watches over him still to this day and is proud of how far his master has come since those terrible days of Darkness. Yusuke still keeps in touch with Atticus and Zane. 

Then there's Adrian Gecko and Echo. They both fully acknowledged their love for one another and proved it all the more by getting married not long after the Darkness War. They had a child together named Claire Gecko. Furthermore, much to Echo's delight, Adrian and his brother received an equal share of their family's empire which made Adrian feel he belonged after all.

Professor Sartyr and Miss Fonda Fontaine gained feelings for one another after the Darkness War and eventually got married. Sartyr retired from his role as Ra Yellow Head, but still lives at the Academy with his wife, and sometimes helps her medicate and treat her students when they fall ill or get hurt. 

James 'Jim' Crocodile Cook remained in touch with Jaden and Axel, but rarely sees Jaden due to living so far away. Shirley, unfortunately, died five years after the Darkness War, much to Jim's sadness. He eventually moved on however, and married. He is still best friends with Axel and the latter is godfather to Jim's children. 

Axel Brodie himself supported Jim after losing Shirley, and along with Jim considers Jaden one of his best friends. He eventually became a high ranking officer in the Army, and is later known as Colonel Brodie. He would have made Brigadier or higher but chose to retire his commission to start a family with his future wife. 

After the War, Damon remained in the forest for a time, acting as a protector for Wheeler and his family, who still live harmoniously in their forest home. Damon later left to travel in the wildest parts of the world. He even fell in love and married a fellow female explorer. Their romantic story of meeting via their mutual love for nature has made them dubbed by their peers as a modern-day Tarzan and Jane.