chapter third

a/n: bold italic = Rell

t/w: mention of self harm and suicide

Ashton's pov

"WE GO FOR HOURS' FUCK IN THE SHOWER, PUSSY DEVOUR. FOREPLAY IN THE KITCHEN, BEND IT OVER THE COUNTER MM!

"YOU TASTE LIKE CANDY I EAT IT LIKE SOUR POWER!"

"YOU BE LIKIN' IT ROUGH YOUR BODY SOFT AS A FLOWER YUH!"

The soft hum of the song pounded through the walls of my condo as we sang out Dreams, Fairytales, Fantasies from A$AP Ferg together in unison.

We were swaying, singing and harmonizing somewhere after my 6th shot of henny. It's nights like this that reminds me why it's really good to be home.

Sometimes I got so used to the silence and the thoughts of stabbing Rylee's eyes out with a stapler, that I forget the joy and relaxation of these moments with my best friends.

When we drink together, Rell is quick to DJ so we can dance carefree and be safe while doing it. There was a college party or two that got a little outta hand once upon a time, so now we usually only drink in the comfort of my home in the safety of each other's eyes.

As I danced around my living room, I listened to Rell sing like it was his last performance on earth. Rell has the voice of an angel similar to Vedo, his voice comes off soft and comforting.

When he's talking regularly though, his voice is as deep as when pianists make that "DUN DUN DUUUUH" sound. Or whatever that song is.

I'm a doctor, not a musician. Please don't sue me.

I looked at Daja who was swaying back and forth on couch ad-libbing her life away as he rapped. I was very lucky to still have the same friends from childhood, because not everyone is so lucky in life.

These two are are the reason I'm even surviving through this breakup. We used to be this cool dynamic group, and ever since they found out about Rylee and Drew they've done everything in their power to keep me standing.

They prevented me from self-harming, and ensured that I kept eating. Even while I was traveling Daja would have food sent to my hotels, which was wild because I had free food service 90% of the time.

What they don't know is that in the last few months, I truly wouldn't have survived without them. There were definitely moments where I was about to do something drastic and they either texted, called, or FaceTimed me at the exact right time.

Some might say they got that Raven Baxter in em, but I think it was just coincidence.

For the first time since the breakup, coming home felt like a fresh breath of air. That's how I know I'm finally starting to get over Rylee. 4 years is a long time to throw away, so I'm not saying it's going to happen fast, but the fact that I was excited to be in my own house says a lot.