chapter twelveth

A/N: The girls outfits in mm

Ashton's pov

Some people say that starting your day before the sun is up should be illegal.

Personally I just think that if you don't have the desire to do something, then don't. Life is too short and can be pretty meaningless when you really think about it.

But, fuck everyone else's opinions... is what I'd say if I didn't have crippling self-image issues.

Lucky for me, I do, and that is why I am awake at 5:18 in the morning. I decided to take a run around my neighborhood as the sun rises.

The colors of the day are just beginning to show as I pass by the old elementary school we used to attend.

The trees slowly swaying as the wind hums a quiet tune to get them rising and shining.

It's the calm before the city wakes that I enjoy the most. The moment before the city remembers, "We have work to do."

Running is the only time where my mind can be quiet enough to find what I can only assume is, peace.

I spent the whole night tossing and turning with anxiety. I never thought it'd be so hard to not have Drew around to annoy when I got bored.

Even during a petty fight between us, we always kept a wave of communication open and yes, I'm well aware that I'm the one not answering the phone.

Andrew needs to understand that this time, forgiveness will not come easy. He knows that I let him get away with a lot, but no longer will I be that pushover sister of his.

My brother is and always has been a player and has always tried to get me to hoe around with him.

Too bad for him that his intersex sister was NEVER going to tag team with him. I know, what the fuck right?

Growing up in grade school, we had our fair share of people wanting to date us. We were attractive twins who were (mostly) pretty popular. Until I wasn't, but that's a different story.

Drew always had a new girl on his arm each semester in high school. He claimed that he was trying to see how many girls it takes to find his wife.

The answer was none. Especially after I told all of them that he was just using them for sex, but I'm pretty sure they already knew that.

When I told him I was gay, I made it a point to try and never have the same type as him. I never wanted us to ever have to compare or be attracted to the same girls.

It worked during high school. I really only had one relationship in that time, but it was super short lived. She was a pretty, and well mannered black girl who's parents were jamacian and nigerian.

It was quite the mix honestly, I wonder whatever happened to her? 

Back to my point though. Drew only ever dated white girls and he was always competitive. I was too, but to a certain level.