chapter thirty-fourth

Ashton's pov

Ashton's pov

Remember those moments when you'd listen to a song in the car while it rained, and you just stared out the window like a sad Tumblr girl in an angsty music video?

Well that's not what this felt like, at all.

Stood before me was Daja, with her palm open and a bottle sitting flat on top of it. I felt my breath catch when I looked from her eyes to the bottle in her hand.

Suddenly I understood exactly why I had unexpected visitors. I immediately frowned before meeting her eyes.

Furiously devastated Daja is officially my least favorite Daja in the world.

"Daja, I swear I just forgot to refill it, it wasn't intentional" I rambled quickly as she shook her head at me. She took a deep breath before giving me some news.

"Rell's helpin' mama move in, you need to call her"
She stated tiredly as she entered the room.

I instantly felt all those nerves making my skin tingle and that sinking feeling suddenly was on its way to my throat. I could feel the attack taking over me and before I stop it, everything went black.

When I woke up later, I had the most terrible headache but I felt myself enclosed which made my stomach drop slightly.

I freed one of my hands to rub my eyes and when I finally focused in on what was going on, I was met with the most beautiful face I've ever had the honor of seeing.

Cuddled up with me was Joliè, holding me tightly against her chest as she sat asleep against the headboard.

My heart immediately fluttered and my whole body relaxed.

Instead of overthinking the moment, I allowed my mind to be clear of the many questions beginning to swirl and snuggled in before allowing myself to just relax, this time with a smile on my face.

As I laid in Joliè's arms, I thought back to how everyone must have been feeling so scared for me. I felt bad, all I wanted was some silence, from my clients, from my family, from the chaos.

I never intended for everyone to think I was lost in the world. I sighed at the thought of forgetting my medicine prescription. So many things happened from my birthday to the time I left, I just forgot to pick it up.

Feeling the frustration take over me started to make me feel uncomfortable, and just as I was about to move off the bed I felt my body being comforted.

I looked up to meet Joliè's curious yet concerned gaze and we stared at each other for a few minutes in silence.

Have you ever felt completely at peace? Like so much to the point where you're hoping it's a dream because in no way, in this life could anything ever feel so perfect?