chapter thirty-sixth

A/N: Great googly moogly! Thank y'all so much for 10k!! This book started as a little one off for fun but has quickly turned into so much more. Thank you for giving my lil book a chance. 🥹

I hope you've been enjoying the book, and I hope to see more of you in the comments soon

P.s. Monique in the media.

 Monique in the media

Ashton's pov

It took exactly seventeen minutes and twenty-eight seconds for Daja to suddenly remember why we were in my hotel in Brazil.

After we finished eating together, the tone changed so quickly that I think both Jolie and I got whiplash as the firecracker that she is, lit up.

I was sat on the bed next to Joliè who was rubbing my back softly while Daja finally let it all out on me. From scaring her, to my mom and even Andrew who apparently suddenly remembered that we're actually siblings and he should care about me.

As angry as she was for ten minutes, she circled back to her excitement over Renee Goldsberry and thanked Joliè again for making it happen.

I turned to her too with a growing smile which Joliè returned with an even bigger grin. I blushed seeing her smile because apparently I just do that now.

I have literally never experienced someone's basic emotions or actions affecting me so strongly. It's kind of embarrassing because I'm always shy around her and I built my career on not being shy and being direct with people.

When Daja excused herself to go call Sutton, I decided now was a good time to apologize to Joliè. I won't lie, my initial reaction to what she said was to literally run away for the day.

But my counselor side told me to grow up, be the adult that I am and just apologize. Plus, she is very sensitive and I have to remember that going forward. I don't want to cause her anymore distress.

"Thank you for what you did for Daja, that's honestly very incredible and sweet. She really needed that after her birthday since she missed out on her favorite activities.

I need to plan a day for us to just go out and redo them. I feel so bad" I spoke up as I moved my hands out in front of her.

"Yes, she told me what happened to her and that is a very horrible thing to have to go through. I can not imagine how she was feeling" She replied eagerly hovering her hands over mine.

"Also..." I paused to inhale some nerves into my system while looking at her.

"I'm sorry for leaving how I did. I was trying to avoid an oncoming mood swing and I was being petty so I didn't prove you right" I spoke softly and quietly just trying to make sure I got it all out.

Joliè's face softened as her hands slowly moved down to touch mine again.

"After seeing your mother and how upset she was, I just wanted to help. Plus, I know from an outsider perspective how mood swings effect the people who are watching.