Chapter twenty-seven

//OMFG FINALLY PROM DAY!//

(I can't believe how long I've been stalling this shit, since chapter 14 till now holy fuck. I'm just so forgetful 🤦)

(Watch this for reference on the dance)

You smiled looking at shanks and Tyler in their suits and then you turned to yourself in the mirror "All hail for the king, queen and their trusty butler has came!" you laughed and Tyler chuckled bowing "Come on my lady the carriage is waiting for us outside" shanks caught up on what you were doing so he walked towards you and kneeled down taking your hand and kissing it "Shall we head out my queen?" he asked looking up at you, all three of you held the serious atmosphere for about 3 seconds until you all burst out laughing.

After composing yourselves you put your masks on and walked out with the two walking close behind. It was late around 9 p.m. when you finally pulled up to the place the prom was going on.

You had already planned it all and as soon as you entered through the door the lights cut off and focused on the three of you. You and shanks confidently walked in side by side, you covering the lower half of your face with a fan while Tyler strolled behind with steady steps.

Once you reached the middle of the room, the two of you stopped and shanks kneeled down putting his hand out for you "May I have this dance with you? My lady?" he asked as he stared up his chocolate brown eyes perfectly framed by the lighting in the room. You closed the fan and gave it to Tyler smiling as you put your hand in shanks' outstretched one "Of course my king, how could I deny?" you chuckled as he stood up and pulled you closer to him wrapping his arm around your waist "Just like we trained" he whispered and you nodded as you both begun dancing  and the music started playing around the room.

Everyone stared in awe at your astonishing entrance and amazing dancing skill. The music flowed gently as shanks spun you around and you landed in Tyler's arms "Don't panic and keep it cool. Close your eyes follow the rhythm of the music" you instructed as you moved flawlessly and in sync with Tyler. 'Just a few more minutes' you thought as you landed in shanks' arms and continued moving. The students and teachers alike were stunned by the unexpected performance for neither party knew about this. And once the music stopped, all three of you bowed down as the crowd cheered "We're definitely winning?" you smiled "Definitely" chuckled shanks.

After sometimes of getting compliments here and there, you sneaked away from the crowd and went towards your group. You smiled as you hugged nami and then robin "Hey girls!" you grinned "Y/n!!" they both said not expecting it to be you "Of course! It's me your best girl y/n!" you laughed covering the lower half of your face with the fan "That was such a cool entrance! Who's the hotties you came in with? And Why didn't you tell me you could dance like that!!" smiled nami shaking you back and forth "Well, if Kidd is there and we only have two red-haired idiots. Who did I come with? And the other one is his brother." You sighed then made her let go "Also, if I told you I could dance then you would've forcefully made me do shit" you muttered and held your head "we still have more to show, just a few more minutes" you smiled as nami gasped "You don't tell me?! You came here with shanks?! I knew it! I'll get everyone to pay up soon!" nami squeeled as she hugged "thank you for making me win the bet!" she added laughing and you looked confused "you bet on who I was coming to prom with?" you asked tilting your head to the side "Yes" smiled nami while you sighed "Great, then I'mma just go... because I have other stuff to do yeah" you chuckled walking backwards and you tripped falling into someone's arms "You're really falling for me" he chuckled and you sighed "Not that joke again" you laughed slightly and looked at shanks "Still cold hearted as ever" he said as he helped you stand up.