Epilogue

It's crazy how this story taught me that not all first love will be our last love. It's crazy to think that each and every time you've spent with that person will only just come to an end. Committing is scary. You have to gain all your strength and hard work just to keep the relationship flying. But what's even scarier is staying in that relationship even if you know that it isn't flying in clear skies anymore. Maybe on gloomy skies rather. Staying is not always the answer. Sometimes, it's flight, above all if it doesn't cost anything. First love does not intend to stay. It only inclines to teach us some lessons that we failed to learn in life. 

"Ako ba ang Ama, Rehl?"

Silence devoured the place. Believe it or not, footsteps are yet so rare to be heard.

"Sumagot ka! Ako. Ba. Ang. Ama?" And again, he asked.

No words would come out of my mouth. It's like there's a lump stuck in my throat, making me unable to speak. 

No words came out, but my eyes say it all. It started to grow tears, and then it flashed, falling straight to the ground.

My tears only clarified something. It allows to shed light on the person in fronts' mind.

The more tears came out of my stormy eyes, the slower he lost himself and started sobbing

"B-Bakit hindi mo sinabi?" 

Silence.

I wanted to explain. I wanted to defend myself. But it was never easy speaking up when you have no strength to speak up. and

Whats there to defend for? Totoo naman.

"I-I... I, " I tried. "I-I was pla--"

Yet again, my phone rang. Tumawag ulit si Mama... but my phone was strangled by his arms.

"L-Let me get the phone, please..." 

He answered the call and made it on loud speak so both of us would hear it. 

"Rehl? Tapos ka na ba diyan? Umiiyak na kasi si Xander, gusto na'ng umuwi,"

"A-Alright. I'll be there in ten. Wait for me, Ma." With a shaking voice, I managed to answer her properly. I don't want her to overthink pieces of stuff.

"I'll send you our location. Ingat ka. Bye." 

Acel was fast enough to hang up the phone and force me to get in his car. I had no choice but to go in. He worked his way through my phone but eventually stopped and paused for a moment. I tried gazing at what made him stop, but what should I expect? He saw my wallpaper, which is my favorite picture of Xander, who's eating by the beach.

He whipped his falling tears and continued swiping through my phone. He later finds Mama's message telling where they are, and Acel, being Acel whom memorized all the places in the city where he grew up, briskly arrives at Mama and Xander's location. 

We arrived at a low-key Chinese restaurant here in CDO. I stepped out of the car para hanapin sila and ako na hindi alan ang gagawin, I told Acel to wait in the car. 

Hindi masyadong malaki at konti lang ang tao sa restaurant na to kaya hindi ako mahihirapan na hanapin ang dalawa. May nakita pa nga akong dalawang old couples that went out of the restaurant. But, the further I went in, I saw them sitting on a bench near a light post.

"Xander... Ma,"

Yumakap sakin si Mama, "I need to tell you something,"

"I also need to tell you something," I answered. "Bakit? Anong gusto mong sabihin, Ma?"

She was holding Xander's little arms. Little did she know, Xander found it confusing because it was shaking. "Lola, are you okay?"

I grabbed Xander from her hold and carried him. Wala siya sa wisyo. "Ma, anong nangyari?"