[46] Changes!

After some explanation, Eina reluctantly accepted everything. However, her gaze toward August changed, as if she were looking at a monster. Joining the familia, venturing into the dungeon, the total time spent on these activities was less than half a month, yet August had managed to level up from level 1 to level 2.

For many adventurers, reaching level 2 could take five or six years, or even seven or eight, and some might still be stuck at level 1. After exchanging valis, August and Ais left.

"This is yours, Ais. Although it's not much for you, it's all I have."

August handed 110,000 Valis to Ais, leaving 100,000 to repay the debt. While Aki initially claimed the potion for revenge cost 200,000, she later admitted it was only worth 100,000 Valis.

Though 100,000 was only half, it was still a substantial amount. August wanted to repay Aki not only because it was the right thing to do but also to maintain his masculine pride.

Ais did not refuse and took the money bag. Along the way, they encountered a stall selling fried potato balls. Unlike before, this time it was run by an older woman, not Takemikazuchi.

"Boss, give me two red bean cream-flavored and two pepper salt-flavored."

"Sure!"

The boss agreed and started packing. Similar to pudding and soy milk having both savory and sweet flavors, fried potato balls also came in sweet and savory varieties.

"The pepper salt flavor isn't good."

Suddenly, Ais said.

"I think it tastes fine."

"Hmph!"

As if acting cute, Ais glared at August, then quickly left with the two red bean cream-flavored ones.

August was puzzled, was this still the Ais who knew so little about the world? How did she suddenly become like an angry girlfriend?

"Young man, why don't you go after her? Just go and coax her, it's not a big deal."

"Auntie, we're not..."

"Heh, Auntie has also come from your age. You youngsters."

"I... this..."

August paid for the fried potato balls and hurriedly caught up. The old woman smiled at the scene, reminiscent of her own pursuit by her spouse, as the sun set in the west, and lovers expressed their feelings.

"Ais, don't be mad."

"I'm not mad."

She said so, but it was clear that Ais was definitely dissatisfied.

"You're obviously angry."

"I'm not."

"What do you mean 'not'? Your mouth is pouting."

"You're mistaken."

After saying that, Ais adjusted her expression, as if nothing had happened.

This left August utterly confused. Why did Ais change so much in an instant? Both her attitude toward him and her emotions had undergone such significant shifts.

Suddenly, August remembered something!

Not long ago, Ais was influenced by the sin of lust, almost lost herself. Although August didn't take any action, Ais still received some influence.

Realizing this, August felt that Ais might be within reach now.

He hadn't planned to pursue her, but due to an accident, he had already completed a significant part of the pursuit. Although he didn't know if this influence was temporary or permanent, given the current situation, it wouldn't take long to win Ais.

While contemplating, August finished eating his two fried potato balls.

Observing the remaining one in Ais's hand, August noticed her hesitant gaze.

"Here, take this."

As he was thinking he might soon be off the market, Ais's voice reached him.

Looking closely, Ais handed one of her fried potato balls to August.

This surprised August. When a girl shared her favorite food, it was undoubtedly a milestone on the road to winning her heart.

"Okay."

At this point, if he continued to refuse, it wouldn't be playing hard to get but rather hypocritical.

Results in hand, August bit into the fried potato ball directly. Ais, after August ate her fried potato ball, blushed slightly.

Walking together on the street, a man and a woman, one tall, one short, the man handsome, the woman beautiful—there was a feeling of a perfect couple.

Back at the familia residence, August and Ais went their separate ways. Ais returned home, while August went to find Aki.

In the backyard of the familia residence, Aki was handling some matters. Nothing major, just some trivial tasks.

"Is Aki here?"

Before entering, August's voice rang out.

Aki looked up and saw August walking in. However, the moment she saw him, Aki felt a strange sensation, as if spring had arrived, the season for all things to reproduce.

As a cat girl, she might not be a wild beast, but some instincts remained. For example, right now, August's appearance was like a strong medicine, almost causing Aki to enter a special period (those who understand, understand).

"Why did you come?"

Aki nervously asked.

"I came to repay the money. Ten thousand valis. If I don't repay such a big debt soon, I won't feel at ease."

Saying that, August tossed the money bag containing 100,000 Valis to Aki.

"100,000 Valis? Is it real or fake? So fast?"

At first glance, Aki thought August was fooling her. She knew August became broke after buying a batch of weapons. How could he come up with 100,000 Valis so quickly? Going into the dungeon shouldn't yield money that fast.

"I'm in a good mood today. Encountered a Monster Feast, so I made some money again."

"Huh? Encountered another Monster Feast? You must be a god of misfortune."

Aki didn't know what to say. Some people might not encounter one for several months, and here August was, experiencing two within two days. His luck was unparalleled.

"What's wrong with that? Making more money is a good thing."

"Hehe~"

Rolling her eyes at August, Aki didn't want to say anything more.

"By the way, do you know where the captain is?"

"Captain? He should be in the office now. Why, do you need the captain for something?"

"I got a rare drop and want to find a good way to sell it for a good price."

"Is that so~"

Without much thought, Aki knew there couldn't be a rare drop on the lower floors of the dungeon.

---
If you're interested in reading more, feel free to visit my patreon which already contains 20+ chapters:
https://www.patreon.com/XElenea