[112] A Day that Astonished Tsubaki!

Within Tsubaki's residance...

"What? You mean, just by merging this rook piece, I can become a demon like you? And this piece can also grant me powerful strength?"

Tsubaki looked at the rook piece in her hand, full of skepticism.

It's not that she didn't want to believe, but the idea that merging a piece could make her stronger and even change her bloodline seemed like wishful thinking.

Not to mention bloodlines, which are passed down from generation to generation, even gods cannot change a person's bloodline.

But now, August said that merging a chess piece could give her a demon clan bloodline, becoming a demon. It was hard to believe.

August didn't continue explaining and gave a look to Ais, signaling her.

Ais immediately understood and her magical power started to surge.

Then, in Tsubaki's astonished gaze, a dark demon pattern, resembling sun rays, appeared on Ais's forehead. A powerful force of darkness surrounded Ais.

This made Tsubaki have no choice but to believe because reality was unfolding right before her eyes.

"This... Is this demon?"

"Yes, Ais is now my peerage member, my knight."

"Peerage? What that mean?"

"Um... in simple term, my follower."

"Your follower? Are you trying to usurp the gods rights?"

Tsubaki's expression became serious. Developing followers, recruiting subordinates, these were rights only gods had. Similarly, only deities could bestow fanla on humans.

And August's actions obviously encroached upon the authority of deities.

"If only I had that ability. The demon evil pieces are limited, only sixteen in total. Excluding the piece representing the 'king,' there are only fifteen slots."

"Fifteen? Does that mean, besides me and Ais, you plan to contract thirteen others?"

"Eh~"

August was speechless. Your focus is quite peculiar. After seeing August's expression, Tsubaki rolled her eyes. There was no need to answer, the situation clearly spoke for itself.

Looking at Ais beside her, Tsubaki sighed softly. With a guy like August, she must be blind.

"Alright, let's get started."

"Huh? Start what?"

"What do you think? Get on with it."

"Okay, okay."

August also wished he could give himself a big slap. Why was he blabbering so much?

Next, just like with Ais, he took out a rook piece and initiated the reincarnation ritual.

After a moment, having merged with the rook piece, Tsubaki became August's second peerage member.

Unlike Ais, Tsubaki, after completing the reincarnation, was even more shocked by the improvements.

Especially the powerful force of darkness within her, making her awe-stricken.

Not only that, her strength and defense had skyrocketed. She even felt that she could easily defeat herself from five minutes ago.

Suddenly, Tsubaki had a thought, and a dark magical power appeared.

Under the gaze of August and Ais, it transformed into a hammer.