[72] The World that Devours!

August was very happy, and the frustration of getting only two draws in a ten-draw had disappeared.

This was a world, even if it was just a inner world of only 100 square meters. But this world was not stagnant, it could grow.

You should know that this was the lowest-level common gacha draw. To be able to draw a damaged inner world seed was simply bursting with luck. Not to mention that he also drew a drop of Water of Life.

Moreover, this drop of Water of Life precisely restored the the world seed.

All these coincidences colliding together meant that his luck was extraordinary, exploding directly.

Although it was a desolate inner world shrouded in mist, August believed that one day, this world could definitely become a complete and flourishing one. And he would be the lord of the world.

With everything settled, August stood up and left.

The objective had been achieved. All three hunting tasks for level 2 were completed, marking a temporary conclusion.

However, when August arrived at the eighteenth floor, looking at the distant pond and the surrounding forest, he suddenly had some ideas.

He ran directly into the woods, took out a longsword, and started digging the ground as if it were a shovel.

After spending some time, he managed to dig out a tree. However, the roots were severely damaged. Nevertheless, the fact that he managed to dig it out was not easy.

August carried the tree, turned around, and entered the inner world.

Looking at the black soil under his feet, he quickly dug a hole and then planted the tree in it.

After doing all this, he poured a bucket of water on it.

This grayish world had nothing, but it had soil and air. Planting a tree should work, right?

As August was envisioning a future where this world would become a paradise with birds chirping and flowers blooming, the mist surrounding the tree suddenly enveloped it.

Soon after, the once lush green leaves began to rapidly turn yellow, ultimately becoming withered leaves.

Not only that, the entire tree decayed at a visible speed, ending up as a decaying piece of wood that seemed to crumble with a touch.

August, who snapped back to reality, widened his eyes at the scene.

"What's going on?"

Staring at the dead tree before him, it was truly hard to believe that this was the vibrant tree just a moment ago.

Looking at the black soil under his feet and the mist around him, August suddenly felt that this world was not as simple as it seemed.

August developed some speculations in his mind. He then turned around and returned to the eighteenth floor. This time, he dug up a small sapling.

Planting it again in the inner world, he closely watched the sapling.

Then, just like the previous time, the sapling quickly shed its leaves and rotted.

"Is it losing life force?"

August pinched the trunk slightly, and it directly turned into powder.

At this moment, August began to seriously observe this world.

This world was formed by the Inner World Seed absorbing his magical power, but from the current situation, this world might not have completed its gestation yet.