[76] Getting Ready to Strike!

It didn't take long before the two of them finished their meal.

However, there were quite a few strange looks directed at August from the surroundings.

August had an idea in his mind. After all, he was a newcomer in Orario, and even though there had been some disturbances due to Riveria, Ais, and Aki in the past, it was all within a small scope.

"Ais, wait for a moment and go back on your own. I have something to deal with."

"Okay."

Without asking what it was, Ais's trust in August was truly remarkable.

And so, Ais got up and left.

With Ais's departure, the malicious glances towards August suddenly increased.

Especially for August, who could perceive human sins, the malicious intent was incredibly clear to him.

Dong~

At that moment, Syr walked over and placed a plate of grilled meat on the table.

"I didn't order this."

"This is my staff meal."

"Are you off work already?"

August glanced around, and the other two cat-girls were still welcoming customers and taking orders.

"I told them I wasn't feeling well."

"Alright."

August nodded. He almost forgot about the true identity of this seemingly approachable girl and the real situation of the Hostess of Fertility.

You see, the owner of this shop, Boss Mia, was Freya Familia former captain.

And Syr was Freya's alternate self. Although she worked here, practically anything she wanted to do here was fine.

"Where's Miss Ais?"

"She went back first."

"Why didn't Mr. August leave with her? Could it be that you're waiting for me?"

"That's not impossible, but I plan to deal with some small matters later."

"Small matters?"

Syr glanced around and noticed that at a corner table, three people were constantly casting sinister glances in their direction, clearly with malicious intentions.

In Orario, it's not just dungeons where dangers lurk for adventurers, even in this vast maze-like city, death awaits every day.

The more bustling a place appears, the more it conceals dirt and filth. This seemingly central city of the world, the maze metropolis, undoubtedly harbors a terrifying darkness behind it.

"It seems Mr. August has made a decision."

"Well, the rats in the sewers may be trash, but if left unchecked, they can easily cause unnecessary trouble. And the thing I hate the most is trouble."

Syr chuckled at his words but remained silent. However, her curiosity about August grew even stronger.

She had obtained all the information about August. She arrived in Orario less than a month ago and was noticed by Nine Hell, who brought him back to the familia. He became Loki Familia member.

In this short period, the guild received reports of August leveling up. In just a short time, from level 1, he leaped to level 2. August, this newcomer, seemed to ascend directly to the mid-tier of Orario.

Moreover, according to the intelligence gathered, August had an impressive record in the dungeons. The monsters killed by him numbered at least two or three thousand. For a newcomer, it was unbelievable.

For years, Syr had been fond of children with shining souls, as they were eligible for her falna and contributed to her familia.

However, August's arrival disrupted everything. The abyss-like darkness and lust that resonated with her felt intriguing.

Especially this time, seeing August again, his soul seemed even more profound and darker than before, making it harder for her to restrain herself.

"Alright, let's end it here for today. The food was delicious, this is the meal payment for Ais and me."

August placed a bag of valis on the table, then walked outside.

After August left, the three people in the corner nodded at each other.

"Check, please."

The leader shouted, and the other two followers caught up.

"Alright, a total of seventy-four thousand valis."

"Here."

Dropping the valis, the leader quickly left.

Inside the shop, a half-elf observed everything.

"Syr, your friend might be in trouble."

Out of concern for her friend, Ryuu Lion walked over to Syr and said.

"I know, Ryuu, but Mr. August will handle it."

"Hmm? Is he very strong?"

"Ah, yes, he is quite powerful."

Syr revealed a mysterious smile. As for Ryuu, she no longer cared after hearing about his strength. She only spoke because he was Syr's friend and now knew that he possessed some strength.

On the other hand, after leaving Hostess of Fertility, August deliberately turned into a narrow alley.

He turned a few corners and arrived at a relatively secluded place.

"You've been following me all the way, come out."

In a dark alley, August slowly spoke.

"Haha, kid, you're quite clever."

Then, three people emerged from the darkness.

Their faces were filled with ferocity, but their strengths were mediocre. The leader was at level 2, and the other two were at level 1.

"You harbored malice toward me in the store. I'm curious, I shouldn't know you, right?"

August asked, expressing his doubts. It was their first meeting, and even if they were driven by greed, with Ais by his side, most people would dismiss such thoughts.

"Kid, we've been observing you for some time."

"Hmm?"

"You've been to the dungeon with Nine Hell, Sword Princess, and Alchat every time, and each time, you've gained a lot."

"Hmm, knowing all that, you still dare to target me. It seems you've planned this for a while."

"I know you're from the Loki Familia, but in Orario, people die every day. As a newcomer, even if you die, it's quite normal."

"In Orario, strength is everything. Even if we kill you here, what does it matter? As long as we throw you into dungeon, you'll be deemed killed by the monsters in the dungeon."

August nodded, already forming some speculations in his mind.

These guys were likely just ignorant and fearless.

However, there was one thing he agreed with: in Orario, strength was everything.

"Thank you for answering my questions. As a reward, I'll send you to a mysterious place."

August's lips curled slightly, and a terrifying aura of killing intent emanated from him.

This scene startled the three individuals. They were just common fish in Orario and had never encountered such a situation.

---
If you're interested in reading more, feel free to visit my patreon which already contains 20+ chapters:
https://www.patreon.com/XElenea