10 Manorama's Sly

Part 10 Manorama's Sly

Arnav's Gut Instinct alerted him as Manorama's gesture was not pleasant. He guessed something was going to happen but he didn't know what. So, he decided to keep an eye on Manorama. His eyes were on her wherever she went. As he suspected, she went to the kitchen when there was no one.

Arnav followed her and saw what she was doing. He saw her squeezing lemon in milk-sweet. Arnav was shocked. He understood her intention. She wanted to revenge on Payal this way. He was worried because Khushi would also get affected. She said she spent a huge amount on this contract. What would happen if Manorama complained to the contractor about the sweets? Of course, he could save Khushi by telling the truth but he didn't want to degrade Manorama because that would make her aggressive towards Payal. It would not happen. At the same time, he should save Khushi from the lose. His mind worked fast.

"Mami..." he called her.

Manorama jerked.

"What happened, Arnav bituwa?"

"Nani is calling you"

"Oh... I will go..."

"It's urgent Maami... don't know why she looks angry"

"whaaat? Angry? Oh, God... what happened to her? I didn't do anything..." She rushed out of the kitchen.

Arnav hurriedly came to the kitchen and took the lemon mixed milk sweet box. He replaced another sweet box with it and threw the lemon box in the dustbin. He turned smiling with satisfaction and got stuck, seeing Khushi and Payal looking at him with mixed emotions. He gulped down as he understood what they would have thought of him. Here, he was trying hard to save them but it turned into trouble for him. He tried to say something but stopped, as Manorama came there with a contractor.

"Arnav Bituwa, what are you doing in the kitchen?"

Arnav made up himself and said,

"I came to check the sweets... I want to know whether these sweets are worthy" he said with an ASR attitude.

Manorama was delighted to hear that. She got a super chance to cancel the contract and threw Khushi and Payal out of RM. She knew what kind of relationship Arnav shared with Khushi. They were enemies. She insulted Arnav, coming to RM and giving her resignation. Arnav would not miss the chance to pay back. Didn't she know him?

"I ate spicy snacks. It was so hot. That's why I came to eat sweets to quench the hotness"

She looked at Khushi,

"Give me some good sweet"

Payal and Khushi removed the covers of the sweet trays. Manorama particularly took the milk sweet box. As per her plan, she smelled sweet and was about to make a weird sound, but stopped as she didn't sense the sour smell in it. She ate the sweet hurriedly. Her facial expression changed. She checked another milk sweet box. That was also smelled good. She smelled all the milk-sweet boxes.

Khushi and Payal spared a glance.

"What are you doing Mami?" Arnav asked.

"No... I mean... I sensed a sour smell in it..."

Khushi and Payal looked at one another shockingly.

"No, Mamiji, it tasted good when we brought them here," Khushi said nervously.

The contractor ate a sweet and looked at Manorama confusingly.

"Does not it taste sour?" Mami asked.

"Slightly..." he said hesitatingly.