51 Target

Part 51 Target

Arnav headed to his room, taking Khushi with him.

"Chotte... stop it" Shouted Anjali.

Arnav stopped and looked at her. Before he said anything, Anjali looked at Dadi.

"Are you happy now? Chotte decided to leave RM. Is this why you came to RM after fifteen years? Dadi?" Anjali asked making Dadi shocked as she didn't expect her to lash her.

"Anjali, they didn't take Phares..."

Cutting her,

"Damn Phares... there are eight billion people in the world. Does everyone take Phares or what? Are they not living happily? Why the hell are you troubling Chotte?"

Anjali looked at Nani.

"Why are you silent Nani? Chotte was he who said he didn't take Phares. We would not have gotten to know about it if he hadn't said that. Chotte says it's not a big deal, but he respects relationships. More than the Phare-taking couple, he will respect his wife too. We don't have to bother about them"

Anjali came to Arnav who was listening to her sharply.

"Chotte, this is your house. Why should you leave this? No one has the right to question you" she said looking at Dadi.

"Di, I respect elders but I can't tolerate anyone insulting my wife. To save her respect, I'm even ready to leave the house and go where she can be peaceful without unnecessary drama. Being her husband, saving her respect is my duty"

"I didn't deny, Chotte. Doesn't mean you should leave the house. If you can't handle your people how could you handle the world?" Anjali asked wearily.

"Di, it's so easy for me to handle the world because I don't care about it. I can throw the world like trash but this is my family. Not that I can't do it... I just don't want to do it. That's what my respect is" he said looking at Dadi sharply who was looking at him sternly.

"I guarantee no one will question Khushiji"

"But, Di..."

"Don't you trust me?"

Arnav sighed and nodded yes.

"Go to your room."

Arnav walked with Khushi to his room. He gestured for NK something who nodded yes.

Dropping Khushi in the room, Arnav came out to meet NK who was waiting for him outside the room.

"Tell me Nannav"

"I want you to do me a favor"

"Anything for you and Khushiji"

"Keep an eye on Dadi. She should not know about it. Watch her every action. especially, when I'm not at home"

"Done... by the way, Nannav, why is she showing too much hatred towards Khushiji?"

"I too don't know. To know that, I need a clue. To get it only I want you to watch her closely"

"Leave it to me. I will take care of her"

Arnav nodded ok.

"Poor Khushiji, she is so sensitive. I don't know how she will take all this. Please take care of her, Nannav"

Arnav nodded yes and came to his room. Khushi wiped her cheeks seeing him and smiled. He came to her and touched her wet cheek painfully.

"I'm sorry, because of me you are facing this humiliation. I should not have married you forcefully. If I had been patient, it would not have happened"