55 Reality and Truth

"Even though Garima aunty was the reason for my mother's death, I can't punish someone who is not responsible here. How could I punish Khushi for the mistake Garima aunty made? Most probably, Khushi and Payal are not Garima Aunty's daughters. So technically, they are not at all related to this matter"

Arnav spoke making everyone speechless. What made them speechless was, not his classification but the way he answered coolly to Dadi without getting shocked about the revelation of the biggest ruth of his life. Khushi was the daughter of the woman who was the reason of his mother's death. Was not he supposed to be angry, upset, helpless and distraught? Instead, he looked calm, balanced, and sensible. That was what made everyone dumbfounded, Including Khushi.

"Chotte, are not you shocked about the truth? How could you be so balanced after knowing the most bitter truth of our life? How could you think clearly in this critical situation?" Anjali asked with unbelievable expression.

Arnav looked at Shyam dangerously. He looked down gulping down.

"It's because, I already know about it, Di" Arnav said making everyone shocked.

"Did you know it already? How? Who told you?" Anjali asked unbelievably.

"Nobody told me but somebody talked within them" Arnav said glancing at Shyam and Dadi. Dadi seemed unaffected but Shyam was nervous. Anjali followed Arnav's eyes and looked at both of them.

"I heard Dadi and Shyam spoke about it last night" Arnav said.

"What did they speak?"

Flashback

NK called Arnav and told,

"Nannav, Jeeju is going to Dadi's room."

"Ok, make sure that no one is crossing Dadi's room"

"Ok"

Arnav disconnected NK's call and headed to Dadi's room. He saw NK watching Dadi's tom. He raised his thumb at Arnav. He saw the door closed but he could hear them. So, he silently listened to them.

"When you went to GH, I saw something strange Dadi" Shyam said.

"Were you there when we went to GH...?"

"Yes, I was in Laxmi nagar when you went there"

Dadi nodded.

"Yes, Arnav behaved completely strange. I didn't expect he would be so stupid"

"I'm not talking about it, Dadiji"

"Then what are you talking about?"

"Before I say what I meant by strange, I would like to know something from you"

"What?"

"Do you know anyone named Garima?"

Dadi was shocked hearing Garima's name. Shyam noticed it.

"I wish I could not hear the name in my life" Dadi said controlling her wrath.

"Why Dadiji? What did she do?"

"She was the one who broke our family. Because of her, my son and bahu committed suicide. Because of her, Anjali and Arnav became orphans"

"What do you mean, Dadiji?"

"She was the one who trapped my son in her web"

"Are you sure?"

"How could I forget the name? I have been remembering her and her name again and again in the past fifteen years"