11 Trust

Part 11 Trust

Arnav saw Shyam coming. He thought for a while. Shyam was a cunning man he had ever seen. Getting angry with him would not work. Shyam would take his anger in his favor. He should be beaten up going in his route only. He followed him to Anjali's room. He didn't give time to Shyam to coax Anjali.

Anjali saw Shyam and turned her face as she was highly upset with him.

"I'm sorry Rani Sahiba... I would not have gone if my friend had not met with an accident"

"Haan, you would have gone because our wedding anniversary was not important..."

Shyam was supposed to say something, but stopped hearing,

"Di, don't be upset. Don't you know Jeejaji? He would have gone leaving your anniversary function behind, only if it was important. His friend met with an accident. That's why he went..."

Anjali and Shyam were looking at him oddly as he was not speaking like Arnav Singh Raizada.

"Being his wife, you should go to the hospital and meet his friend. Go and help him, Di."

Shyam was horrified, whereas Anjali frowned.

"What do you say, Chotte? Do you want me to meet his friend?"

"Yes, Di... it seems his friend has no one. That's why Jeejji went to meet him. So, being his wife, you too go to the hospital and meet him. And, being your brother, I will also come with you. We will surely help the helpless. What say...?"

"No no, Sale Sahib... he is fine now"

"Fine? You said he met with an accident..."

"Yeah... Someone called me and said he met with an accident. After going to the hospital only I got to know that it was not serious. And now, his family who went to attend a marriage also came back. So, he doesn't need our help"

"So what Jeejaji...? So what if he is fine now? Is not it a courtesy to meet your friend who met with an accident? Let's go Di..."

"Sale Sahib... you are Arnav Singh Raizada... coming to the low-class hospital is not up to your standard"

"No Jeejaji, my Di taught me to be simple... I missed thinking about it so far but today, after seeing your concern for your friend, I too want to follow in your footsteps. Am I right Di?"

Anjali nodded yes proudly.

"Chotte, I can't believe you started realizing the reality"

"Everything is for you, Di. Let's go and meet Jeejaji's friend"

Shyam was horrified. Whom would he show them as his friend, when there was no one called his friend? He had to think something fast. Or else, Arnav and Anjali would know he cheated them. Arnav was keenly watching him. Shyam smiled at them.

"Ok, let's go..." Shyam said.

Arnav didn't wonder. He somewhat expected that. He wanted to see how he would manage the situation. As Arnav expected, Shyam slipped from the stairs and shouted, clutching his ankle. Arnav smirked seeing that. Anjali rushed to him panicking.

"Shyamjiiiii"

He struggled to stand.

"Aaahhhh..."

"Shyamjii... please, don't strain yourself... let's go to the room" Anjali took him to their room.

Arnav stood looking at Shyam who didn't even turn his face towards him. Now, he was sure that Shyam was pretending and was not a loyal man to his sister. He just wanted to know what the connection between Shyam and Khushi was. He wanted to get it cleared. Shyam himself said he was helping their Bua to get her pension. So, Anjali would not doubt Shyam. Khushi and her family would not have known Shyam's real face. How did they know when Anjali didn't know about him? He didn't know how to finish this issue.