57 Puppet

Part 57 Puppet

NK saw Shyam going to Dadi's room. He rushed to him and dashed with him. Shyam looked at him frowning.

"Sorry, Jeeju" he said rigidly.

"It's ok, NK Bhai" Shyam smiled.

NK left the place silently. Shyam sighed disappointedly and left. He came to Dadi's room. He saw Dadi, pacing here and there. He closed the door and made Dadi look at him.

"I can't understand why Arnav is so rude. He supports the girl over me" She annoyed.

"There is nothing to wonder if he supports her, Dadi. He will support her over Anjali too because he clearly declared she is important to him"

"I don't know what to do. I don't like that girl"

"Of course, you won't like such girls who are not loyal. I know that but you are forgetting that you are earning Arnav's hatred by hating the girl"

"What do you mean?"

"You should understand one thing Dadiji. To get a place in Arnav's good book, you have to learn to appreciate the girl"

"What are you talking, Damadji? Me and appreciating the girl? Do you want me to forget what her mother did?"

"No, Dadiji. I didn't say that. I know you can't forgive her... you should not...because she won't deserve your forgiveness. We don't have to mind her at all but Sale Sahib is the matter here. To achieve what we want, earning Arnav's goodwill is necessary. To do that, you should be smooth with Khushiji. If Sale Sahib sees you being with her easily, his misconception about you will change. After he starts believing you that you won't accuse Khushiji without a reason, he will start thinking about your accusation"

Dadi became thoughtful.

"Gaining Sale Sahib's goodwill is important for you, Dadi"

"But, how can I be loving with the girl? I can't do that"

"You don't have to do it wholeheartedly. Just pretend... for this family's betterment... please, Dadi"

Dadi nodded and Shyam sighed in relief. Finally, his plan worked. He was going to hit two birds in a stone. Dadi would be firm in her stand and Khushi would think he made Dadi understand her. As Khushi was upset with Arnav's behavior, she would divert her mind towards him. She would celebrate him for making Dadi lovable to her.

...........

Khushi came from the kitchen with a glass of milk for Nani. She didn't notice Dadi coming from the opposite side. In fact, she could not see her coming as the wall was in between them. Khushi jerked seeing Dadi. The milk glass that was in her hand slipped down. Khushi stood panicking.

Dadi took the glass, bending down, making everyone stun. Khushi was looking at her with disbelief. Taking Khushi's hand, Dadi kept the glass in her hand.

"Bring milk for me too," She said.

Khushi became emotional.

"What are you waiting for?"

Khushi nodded her head from left to right.

"I'm sorry, I behaved rudely with you"

"That's ok, Dadi..."

"Go... bring me a glass of milk"

Khushi nodded and rushed to the kitchen. Payal followed her.

"I can't believe this, Khushi"

Khushi nodded yes.

"She apologized to you"

Khushi nodded yes.