29| Pineapple

Allena

"Please tell me that I did not just hear those words come out of your mouth," I mumble.

"Allena..."

"No, we cannot get fucking married. I'm not even seventeen yet."

"Allena, it's all a distraction ok, we don't need to actually get married..."

"Once Adonis finds out he'll want to tell the press, who will tell the entire world. He's gonna want to see a ring and even if you tell him that..."

"Allena, listen to me please," Luca says gently. I stop, and reluctantly listen. "I'm telling him that I'm taking you and the twins to Italy to propose for a week at the least. He will hold off on the press until you come home, and by then we'll have a plan."

"Who exactly is we?" I ask.

"You and me, and I mean we'll be probably need Gray's help, but that's only if you want," He says softly.

"Are we actually going to Italy?" I ask.

"Yes ma'am," Luca smiles, "My jet will be here in the morning. I've already made sure a room is prepared for you, and a separate one for the girls."

"Does that mean im off bed rest?" I ask hopefully.

"Nice try, but no way," He smirks, shaking his head. His face grows serious for a moment and he takes a deep breath, "We're going to need to go back to the house tomorrow morning."

"To get my stuff?" I ask.

"Yes," Luca nods. "Anything that's important to you. If everything goes according to my plan, you won't step foot in that house again. But I'll be there with you the whole time. The twins will stay with Gray," He assures me.

"Ok," I sigh, snuggling back into the bed. "We should watch a movie," I mumble, staring at the large TV screen.

"You want me to grab the twins?" Luca asks.

"Yeah, but Gray and Maeve too, this bed is huge," I shrug. He smiles and nods, running out of the room and returning a couple minutes later with everyone.

Maeve comes in first, her body wrapped around a blanket and quickly snuggles next to me, everyone following after her.

We turn on some random movie, but I don't really pay attention to it. I focus on the twins, and their happy laughs, or how Gray and Maeve don't seem to be at each other's throats. But mostly I focus on Luca. His soft breaths in and out, the feeling of his hand gently circling my leg, or when he whispers if I need to readjust my ice or if I need anything else.

I've never known peace. Not even when my parents here, and not when I was with Adonis. But I feel different here, with all of these people. And for once, life doesn't feel so insane.

I wake up the next morning, fully prepared with what I have to do. Adonis. Tricking him. Pretending like this all isn't some big plot to get him out of my life forever. If I fuck up, im not so sure I'll ever step foot out of that house again.

"You sure you're ok?" Luca asks for the millionth time as we drive to the house.

"Yep," I hum leaning my head back. "Never been better."

"Such a shitty liar," He smirks, shaking his head. I just smile, looking back at the window. "I think we need a safe word," He sighs.

"I thought people only used that for sex," I say, scrunching up my nose.

"We could use one for that too," He smirks, "But I meant if you want to leave in the exact moment, we should come up with a word."

"What about...dick?" I ask.

"Allena."

"Ok fine. Pineapple?"

"That's so...obvious."

"I think it's good," I shrug.

"Fine," He mumbles.

When we pull up to the mansion, dread runs through my body, and the pain encircling my body seems to feel even hotter on my skin.

"Bellissima, I'm right here," Luca says softly, offering me his hand. "I won't let him hurt you." I nod, and the two of us get out of the car. He's quick to come over to me, securing an arm around my waist to keep my close and from falling.

And then we knock. The door is swung open seconds later by Adonis himself, and it takes everything in me not to vomit right there.

"I need to grab a few things," I sigh, "Luca is taking me to Italy..."

"Where have you been?" Adonis questions.

"That's my fault, sir," Luca smiles, "I haven't been able to be separated from your niece."

"That's...fine," Adonis says slowly, letting us in. "Luca can I offer you a drink inside my study?"

"Unfortunately I have to decline," Luca sighs. "The plane leaves soon and I promised I'd help Allena pack. So, if you'd excuse us we should really start packing."

Adonis nods, letting us go.

"Get all of your stuff," Luca whispers in my ear as we walk up the stairs. "I need you to go fast, ok?" He asks as we make it to my room. I nod and quickly open my closet grabbing the important things as Luca stands by the door.

"You need help?" He asks, walking into the closet.

"Yeah can you just put that pile in this bag?" I ask. He nods, and I move out of the closet and back into the room.

And then I decide to be fucking stupid.

I convince myself I can make it to the twins room without running into Adonis, and quickly move down the hall, ducking into their room, grabbing their stuff animals and other important items.

I soak in the last few moments I might ever have in this room before moving towards the door, ready to go find Luca who is probably already trying to find me.

I open the door, and my eyes are immediately met with Adonis'. He's angry.

"Don't you fucking touch me," I hiss, quickly backing away from him, back into the twins room.

But he ignores me, taking a step into the room and locking the door behind him.

"I'll scream," I threaten, "And Luca will find out..."

"Not if he can't hear you."