Karma, Bitches

"Good morning, Tyrone. How did you sleep?" She asks like nothing is going on. 

I can't help but want to know more. I guess every family has it's drama.

"Uhh... pretty good, actually." I reply.

"That's good. Is Khai still asleep?"

"Yeah."

Hazel glances at the time.

"I'll let him sleep for another half an hour. But then he's gotta get up so he can get ready for school. Do you want breakfast now already?" Hazel asks.

"Sure."

I head over to the kitchen and sit on the same chair that I had used yesterday night.

"Are you okay with cereal?" Hazel questions, pausing by the entrance to the pantry.

"I'm honestly not picky." I tell her. 

I can't afford to be if I want to survive.

Hazel disappears and comes back with some varying cereal boxes, which she places on the table before heading to the fridge to get some milk.

***Khai's POV***

I'm surprised to wake up in my bed when I specifically remember falling asleep on the floor.

Wasn't Tyrone in my bed? 

He's not even here. Maybe it was a dream?

No, I was dreaming about wild animals.

My brain fog slowly starts to clear, but I'm still confused how I got into my bed.

I bolt upright suddenly.

What if I was sleepwalking and crawled into bed with Tyrone and he left cause he was weirded out!?

I gulp audibly and rush to my closet to get dressed for school.

I'm not late, but my mind is very busy right now.

With overthinking, that is.

For some reason, it makes me speed up. It feels like minutes have passed when it's just been seconds.

Once I'm dressed, I run downstairs and I'm relieved to find Tyrone sitting in the kitchen. At least he's still here.

And not weirded out, because he sends me a warm smile.

"Mornin' Khai."

"Good morning." I return the greeting.

"Hi darling, do you want some of that chocolate puff cereal for breakfast?" My mom asks.

I nod enthusiastically.

"Do you want some too, Tyrone?" I ask.

Tyrone shakes his head.

"Already ate."

I glance hesitantly at my mom. She gives me a closed-eye nod and I sigh with relief.

That gives me some peace of mind.

When Tyrone and I walk to school, I can't help but ask him if I accidentally chased him out my bed.

"No, Khai, stop worrying about shit like that." Tyrone laughs. "I know it's easier said than done." He adds quickly, his tone a little more serious.

"I guess I must've missed my bed after all." I say.

"What do you mean?" Tyrone questions.

"I sleep on the floor and wake up in my bed. I must've been sleepwalking."