Chapter Two

Jay woke up with a grin on her face, knowing today was the day. She looked forward to this change and for a while now. It was a late morning about 10am, mainly because Jay couldn't sleep last night as she was so excited for what today had in store, she made a coffee before drinking it whilst sitting on her balcony enjoying watching the waves crashing on the shore. It was a peaceful morning and not a soul currently in sight.
Jay grabbed her gym bag and chucked on a Nike tee and shorts before heading over to the gym area to get her daily workout in.

Jay was a natural born athlete, at 5foot9 with long blonde hair and her now tanned  and tattooed olive skin Jay felt like she belonged in Spain. Jay was naturally muscly and didn't really watch what she ate but always made up for it in her workouts. Jay wasn't really a fan of cardio but did it anyway because she knew it was important. Jay loved lifting weights and being strong and also doing martial arts especially kickboxing. Jay earned her first black belt at just aged 18 and had competed 100s of times all over Europe whilst a teenager, which is the real reason her football career came to an end. She didn't mind she had played for her country and many academies over the years and broke many a managers heart but she just didn't want it and she knew she wanted to be free and she was okay with that.

At 11am the Spanish team arrive and are in awe of the place, it was stunning and Mapi and Leila were already planning what pranks they could play on the rest of the team with the resorts lay out. The players made their way to the seating area outside and sat awaiting to be told who they would be sharing apartments with. "Mapi and Leila, do not make me regret this" scolded Emma. Mapi and Leila high fived and giggled whilst the rest of the players rolled their eyes. "Aitana and Patri, Jenni and Misa, Alexia and Irene". Emma continued the process before everyone was allocated to a apartment with a partner. Everyone went bustling off eager to find their apartments and probably fight over who got what room, "back in ten minutes chicas" bellows Alexia knowing she had to keep some kind of control over the very excited players.

Ten minutes later the players gather around the pool area with a speaker and cards and are settling in gently which is what Emma asked of Alexia to endorse. The players could hear music coming from the gym and weights clanking around but the windows were tinted so they couldnt see in no matter how hard they tried.

After two hours Jay had finished her weight training workout with 10 two minute rounds on the heavy bag, enough to slowly kill her off. She knew she needed to go straight into the cold water of the natural sea (a luxury she loved to have) so that her muscles wouldn't ache.
Jay made her way out of the gym to see that some of the Spanish team were sat around the main pool area playing cards, Jay had briefly forgot that they were coming as she was so in tune with her workout efforts.
Jay waved at the few players shouting "Hola" before sprinting to the sea, taking off her sweaty clothes before jumping in the freezing water in just her sports bra and underwear.

The Spanish girls stared confused before Mapi said "and who was that, I thought we had the whole place to ourselves?" with raised eyebrows, Emma chuckled "that's Jay she owns the place, I used to coach her back in the day. She owns this resort and she's great you girls will love her."

The girls whisper between each other before Ona pipes up "is she single?" before Misa and Jenni erupt into laughter.
Emma shoots Ona a look and says it only once "we're here to win a World Cup".
Ona pulls a face before giggling with the others whilst Emma shakes her head.
One person however wasn't laughing or listening, she was too busy staring at Jay who was now very slowly getting out of the sea, picking up her belongings and making her way back to the resort she just sprinted away from. That person was Alexia, Alexia Putellas, two time ballon dor winner, ultra athlete, die hard football fan and the most competitive person on the planet.
Alexia watched Jay slowly underneath her tinted sunglasses, she could see all the way from here that Jay had a muscular body and wow the abs were breathtaking. Alexia was momentarily caught within in her own thoughts before she is disrupted by Emma hugging Jay who she just so happened to be staring at. Alexia continued to stare in their direction,  she observed Jays tattoos that covered her body, she found herself smiling at Jays huge grin that was aimed at Emma upon embracing each other.

"Jay! I can't believe it I haven't seen you since you were 15! Look how grown up you are, I can see you're still in shape. How have you been?" asked Emma after throwing her arms around her former football prodigy.
"As you can see I'm well, I'm buzzing you are here. If there are any problems let me know and I will sort it. Tell the girls the same they can contact me day or night. This is my house here and anything at all just drop me a text or knock at the door. I mean you'll see me around anyway I tend to potter about when I am home." Jay said all of this with a grin on her face, but now starting to get blue lips because of the natural ice bath she just taken.

Jay and Emma stood chatting for several minutes catching up after a decade, before Emma invited her to meet the girls. Jay politely declined insisting she needs to shower and perhaps she would see them after lunch before embracing Emma one more time and making her way in the villa.

"Alexia?.... Alexia? Are you okay? Where are you right now?" Jenni asked concerned as Alexia was wildly staring at Emma and this girl she was intrigued about.
Mapi grins and boldly claims "I know where her mind it at, it's in the gutter thinking about that mystery girl that just happens to own this resort" before making kissing noises and almost falling off her chair laughing.
Alexia squirted her water bottle at Mapi shouting "Disculpe Maria but I don't eye fuck everything with a pulse unlike you" before Mapi shot her a look before saying "true" and turning around herself to get another look in at Jay one last time before she disappeared into the villa.

Alexia drifted back into her mind, who was that girl? Why have I never heard of her if Emma coached her? And why was she so good looking? Nope. No I'm here to win a World Cup, I made that team after a year out with my acl I need to focus on football not a random that has washboard abs. No there we go again.
Alexia sighs and immediately distracts herself from her thoughts before asking Irene if she wants to explore the resort. Irene agrees just to get away from the hormone driven 'teenagers'.