Chapter Twenty Five

World Cup day had arrived, with Spain hosting the tournament they already had lot of pressure on them. Alexia woke bright and early and downed a bottle of water knowing today was going to be extra long due to the opening ceremony before the game and the fact that the royal family would also be there made her increasingly nervous to put on a show.
Jay had woken this morning feeling about as normal as she could be on her medication and was equally as excited and nervous about the tournament to begin.
She walked to Alexia's door and embraced her in a hug and a gentle kiss and thanked her for looking after her the past few days. Alexia didn't mind at all she was smitten, Jay not wanting to distract the Spanish Captain kissed her goodbye and wished her luck so that she could turn her attention to todays events.

Jay sat next to Emma at breakfast and informed her the coach would be arriving within the next half an hour, she grabbed her morning caramel macchiato and left.
The dining area was full of morning chatter about the game and Emma felt content that this was her team and she believed this was their year.
Emma could hear a large vehicle pulling into the reception area and the dining room door opened and Jay summoned her outside.
The coach was huge and the girls were in for a treat, Emma thanked Jay and they both laughed at the decoration at the back of the bus knowing it would bring an immediate relaxing atmosphere to the girls pre game nerves.

With this image on the back of the bus it would surely send a fuck you to the federation whilst also having good fan engagement when people would see it around the country for the next few weeks.
Emma went to get the girls to see their new coach and gestured they all came outside for a surprise.
The girls excited practically ran out and were met by the brand new coach and their gasps were turned to immediate laughter when they saw the image projected on the bus.
Mapis face was a picture, "this photo? This is the one they chose?" Face palming herself and shaking her head also laughing.
"Girls, We need to make this go viral any photos on the bus please use the hashtag #MapiBus i will explain why after the tournament, this is a good way to interact with our fans, coach leaves in an hour. Be ready to change your lives".

Jay had already left the girls to it and wasn't quietly drinking her macchiato at home when Alexia poked her head around the corner, "Bonita can i come in?" "Ale baby you don't ever have to ask to come in here, this is your space too i want you to feel safe here" Jay answered wrapping her in a hug.
"Are you okay amor?" Jay asked as Alexia seemed quiet.
"Pre game nerves" she replied looking at the floor.
"Do you know what will relax you? It relaxes me, watching the waves. Do you want to have a quick walk along the beach?" lifting Alexia's chin up to make eye contact with her now.
"Si, a quick one por favor if you don't mind?" "Ale i don't mind at all, anything to put your mind at ease". She grabbed Alexia's hand and lead her over to walk right next to the sea, not many words were spoken but after watching the waves and smelling the fresh sea breeze Alexia did feel a lot better and was grateful at just how at ease Jay had made her feel.
They embraced in a long hug before Alexia boarded the coach, Jay would come to watch the game later.
The fans absolutely loved the new coach and soon the hashtag MAPIBUS was trending on twitter and TikTok.
The stadium was packed when the opening ceremony had begun with the royal family bringing out the World Cup trophy.
Jay had arrived jus before kick off hoping to not get tied up with the fans, she had tickets reserved for her in the family and friends section courtesy of the girls kindness. Making her way in she saw Alba and Eli and embraced them both but soon moved way when she noticed Olga was a few rows away. How is she sat in these seats? Not trying to cause an issue she simply moved away and got ready to stand for the national anthem.
Alexia's eyes met Jays and they both gave each other a big smile before Alexia blew a kiss to her family.

Kick off.

The game started slow nerves being shown on both sides, Spain were favourites but could the pressure cause an upset? Not if Alexia had anything to do with it, she had obtained the ball from Ona and raced towards goal absolutely leathering it from 30 yards and it took a huge deflection and went in! The crowd erupted and the players dove on top of the captain as she went to celebrate with her fans in the corner. As she turned and went back to the centre circle she saw her mum and sister going nuts and Jay cheering wildly.
Minutes later Bonmati had received a cross from Salma and made contact in the 6 yard box poking the ball home gently. Again a sea of players found their way to the corner, Emma was screaming her head off celebrating then reminding the players that they still had a job to do.
Spain were now stepping on the gas as only 5 minutes after the first and second goal Patri made it 3-0 with a curling effort just outside the box, the keeper diving backwards into her own net trying to salvage what was left of the game.
Half time and Emma knew adrenaline of the moment would soon wear off and she was right, Costa Rica came out not willing to engage in play but rather park the bus leaving Spain to lash at their efforts which didn't come of anything and the game ended 3-0.
The players applauded their fans after the final whistle and Aitana received player of the match as she should she worked her arse off today.

Alexia made her way to the family and friend zone in the crowd but was stopped on the way by Olga, Olga clearly knew what she was doing as she embraced Alexia trying to pull her into a kiss leaving Alexia in an awkward moment as she tried to pull away and go to see her mother and sister instead. Jay left discreetly before Alexia could even see she was there, but Alexia looked and could not see and her face dropped. Alba went to go and find her, walking down the corridor of the vip section Alba heard someone shouting only to turn the corner to see Olga and her annoying friends shouting at Jay who clearly wasnt entertaining the argument. She tried to walk past but was blocked off, "have you slept with my girlfriend?!" Poking Jay hard in the chest, "shes not your girlfriend last time i checked?" Jay grinning knowing it would irritate her more, but it wasnt untrue was it?
"Olga wtf?!" Alba came storming over, "shes sleeping with Alexia i know it!" Screaming in Jays face again, "Olga Alexia isn't yours, you guys broke up months ago".
"We slept together last week, so how are we not a thing?" Olga answered lying through her teeth. "That's bull because she was with Jay last week" Alba raising one eyebrow.
The argument was ended with an almighty slap, Jay snapped her head back almost shocked that Olga had hit her, she was a slight thing and Jay knew if she retaliated she would seriously hurt her so she simply shoved passed her and left the ground.
"You bitch!" "Ale is mine we are not over, i will get her back and when i do she wont be seeing you or your mum you are poison!" And with that her and her shitty entourage left.

"Mama, wheres Ale?" "Alba baby why are you crying?" Eli asked cupping Albas cheeks in her hands. "Olga slapped Jay for no reason and now I can't find her?".
Eli grabbed Leila who was seeing her family in the family section explains what had happened, "can you tell Ale in private please?" "Si, amor ill go now" replied the young Spanish girl making her way to the locker rooms instantly.

The mood in the changing room was happy and although Alexia was happy with the win she knew Olga behaviour is what made Jay leave, her own thoughts interrupted by Leila whispering to her what happened.
Alexia rushed out of the changing room noticed by Jenni and Mapi who were concerned, Leila privately telling the pair of them who replied with "joder that bitch!".
Emma grabbed Alexia's hand pulling her into a side room, "have you seen her? Is she okay?" "Calm down Alexia, she is okay she has text me to let me know she was upset but that she wanted to go home, she didn't want to get in the way of your celebrations and she is partly right. What you need to understand is Jay texting me letting me know her plans and her feelings are a huge step she usually shuts off and disappears. Celebrate and then you can go and see her".
Alexia nodded in defeat, she knew she should celebrate and that when she got back she would find Jay immediately, walking back to her cubby she had got a text from Jay "you are unbelievable, sorry i left amor it was your moment and I didn't want to disturb that. I am fine please have fun ill be waiting to hug you when you get back here. Im so proud of you!". Alexia smiled at the text and replied "can't wait to see you" and went to celebrate with her team.