Chapter Forty Eight

When they got back to the resort, Jay had become even quieter than before. Something that immediately worried Alexia and Emma who had been looking on visibly noticing the difference to Jay than she was earlier.

Her appearance was white and she looked uncomfortable and even the soothing affection Alexia had been given her hadn't lifted her spirits at all.
"Amor are you okay you're worrying me?", "I'm fine just really tired that's all" Jay replied half heartedly.
"Can I do anything to make you feel better?" Alexia asked almost pleading with her to help herself.
"No baby I'm okay I just want to get into bed if that's okay?", "Hermosa of course that's fine, do you want me to stay with you?".
Jay sat up "did you not plan on staying?" She asked almost offended.
"No no of course it's just you don't seem like yourself I thought I'd done something wrong?".
Jay kissed her softly "you are perfect sorry I made you feel that way".
Alexia felt her stomach flip, here Jay was obviously not herself but still showing enormous amounts of affection towards her and to be honest it made her ache for her.

"I love you I hope you know that", "I do baby and i love you" Jay replied with a weak smile.
Jay almost pushed Alexia to spend some time with her friends and made her way back to her villa, she wanted her to enjoy this moment and also so she could have some space to herself to figure out what the hell was wrong with her wrist, it didn't feel normal at all and the fact that she couldn't feel her fingers was slightly worrying her. But she didn't want Alexia to miss this opportunity to celebrate so she passed it off as tiredness.

Jay showered with one hand and climbed into bed, she flicked through Netflix before settling on watching cartoons like she always did. She drifted off to sleep shortly after, more exhausted than she had realised.

Alexia came back an hour later and watched Jay sleeping gently as she stood there and took in the sight of her peaceful girlfriend. The cartoons still playing on her iPad made Alexia giggle, Jay loved them she was such a child at heart.
She sat on the bed taking her hand in hers and kissed it gently not wanting to disturb her from her much needed rest.
Alexia became concerned when she looked across and saw Jays broken wrist drained of colour, "mierdre" she ran to get Emma who returned with her.
"Yeah you're right something is wrong, that would explain her behaviour" Emma worryingly told Alexia who bit her nails drastically trying to stay calm.
Jay woke up to hushed voices, opening her eyes saw Alexia sat next to her and Emma standing there too.
"Wait did we have a threesome?" Jay asked expecting the reaction that she craved.
Alexia's eyes bulged out in horror and Emma cackled like a witch.
"In your dreams Casanova, Jay is your wrist okay?" Emma asked changing the subject.
Jay lifted it up looked at the colour and her face almost matched it "erm I can't feel my fingers" Jay said almost throwing up.
"I thought so, right we're off to hospital" Emma declared as Alexia started to panic before Emma shook her "she's fine relax, stop she needs you to be calm look at her".
Alexia turned and saw Jay a face as white as a ghost and a little nervous, a look she hadn't seen on her girlfriend's face before.

The ride to the hospital was silent, Alexia wrapped Jay into her chest and whispered sweet words into her ear.
Jay had to enter the room on her own as per protocol since Covid, she didn't want to be left but she had no choice. When the doctors did come in they spoke broken English insisting that part of her fractured bone was laying on a nerve so she would need emergency surgery because otherwise she may never have the feeling back in her hand again or worse the movement.
She kissed Alexia goodbye as she headed into surgery, it would be long just a small manipulation inside and she would be fine.
An hour or so later Jay returned still asleep from her surgery, the doctors assuring Alexia and Emma that she would wake up shortly but would not really be with it.

"Where am I?" Jay asked groggily as she opened her eyes, Emma spoke first "darling you had an operation on your wrist everything went well".
"Boss?" Jay asked as Emma nodded before looking across to Alexia who sat there smiling sheepishly.
"Wow" Jay said causing Alexia to laugh, "Hola bebe" Alexia said kissing her forehead.
"Am I dreaming? That's Alexia Putellas?!" Jay shouted for everyone to hear.
Alexia shushed her "si it's me".
"Why are you here? Not that I'm complaining?" Jay asked pulling her sheets up to not reveal her body.