Chapter Forty Five

The phone rang a few times before someone picked up not even saying hello, maybe because they weren't expecting a call at god knows what time and no one has this number.
"Hello" came a small English voice on the other end.
"Jay? Darling is that you?", "yes Emma it's me, we need to talk, but not over the phone. Go to my apartment grab one of my cars and meet me at my club in an hour".
"Yeah on my way", "oh and Emma? Don't tell anyone please".
Emma agreed before throwing more suitable clothing on and making her way to Jays villa. Mapi woke at the sound of a loud car starting it's engine, as she approached the balcony she saw Emma driving off in one of Jays cars. What time was it? She rubbed her eyes and checked her watch, what was going on? She crawled back into bed not wanting to disturb a now fast asleep Alexia.

Jay arrived at the club and more tears were strewn across her face, well the club was no longer there. Burnt down to the ground with police and fire tape around it preventing anyone from getting close. It was a warning.
She climbed back in her car and awaited Emma's attendance, twenty minutes after Jay arrived Emma turned up. She got out of the vehicle and held her hand to her mouth looking at the club which once was now on the floor in charred bits.

A car pulled up beside her and Jay gestured for her to get in, Emma immediately got in and embraced Jay who looked an absolute mess at this point. Jay didn't even bother talking she sped off not wanting to stick around any longer.
Ten minutes later once away in a remote location Jay pulled over and initiated a conversation that would stun her old manager.
Explaining everything to her Emma didn't but in and gently nodded rubbing Jays back as she crumbled at the realisation of her own words. She looked exhausted her bruised face and puffy eyes were something Emma had never seen on her former prodigy before.

Once Jay had finished explaining everything and sworn her to secrecy, Emma took a deep breath and tried to gather all the information Jay had laid before her, meanwhile Jay sat in silence staring at the steering wheel which she still gripped tightly her knuckles now white.

"I need you to come back with me..", "no! No fucking way. I cant have anything to happen to her. I'd rather live with a broken heart than without her at all".
"I understand but I also need to keep you safe, we need to speak to the police".
"No police!" Jay shouted.
"If I go back I won't be able to stay away from her, I think I convinced her it's over..".
Jay turned to look at Emma who nodded in agreement "she's devastated darling, I've never seen her like this".
"It's for the best".
"No it's not, what's for the best is that everyone is safe and together and where they are meant to be. Do you have any idea why this has happened or who this could be?".
"Nope, not a clue I haven't made any enemies that I'm aware of. Has Alexia got any?".
"God no, but she does have some crazy fans..." Emma snorted in realisation.

"What am I going to do?" Jay asked almost whimpering, "we're going to figure this out" Emma said emphatically.
"But I will be contacting my friend in the Spanish police who can keep this out of the press and do some digging, you said he asked for money, can you access your account on my phone to find it? Might need it as evidence".
Jay willingly took Emma's phone and logged in screenshotting it so Emma could keep it and use it as she wished.
Driving back to where they met, Jay requested Emma write her mobile number down and that she would buy a new phone tomorrow.
When they arrived back at the car Emma arrived in Jay wanted to swap cars just in case, Emma didn't want to argue but agreed, "where will you go?" She asked hugging her one last time.
"I don't know right now I'll figure it out, even if Alexia never forgives me I will always be here if she needs me. I know she hates me right now but maybe one day she'll understand why I did it".
"She could never hate you, she's just hurting this is a huge shock. Alba is with her at the resort, she was too upset for her sister to be able to leave".
"I'll make contact tomorrow, remember this goes no further", Emma nodded and drove off down the road.