Chapter Thirty Six

The next morning sunlight came bursting through Jays window burning the eyes of the English and Spanish girls who were currently tangled up in each other in bed.

"Joder! I feel rough" moaned Alexia, Jay didn't even talk she simply slung a pillow over her head.
"Wait I don't remember getting here or getting into bed?" "Bebe did you bring me here?"
"Mhm" came a noise from under the pillow.
"and I took your make up and jewellery off. I know you can't sleep with it on".
"What did I do to deserve you amor" the pillow now being removed from Jays head and a strong kiss being planted on her lips.
"What did I do to deserve you you mean?" Jay now straddling Alexia.
"Bebe, no I am too hungover for that" Alexia whined.
"Alexia Putellas Segura, who said anything about sex?".
"How are you this awake? Are you not hungover?".
"Si I am but I'm drunk in love with you so that's probably why I don't feel too bad" Jay laughed and Alexia cackled at this statement.
"You are crazy" the Spanish girl chuckled.
Jay rolled over and whispered "crazy about you si?".
"I love you mi amor".
"I love you more, I'm gonna get us some tablets water and coffee and then we need to go and eat. I have a feeling everyone will be worse for wear today".
Alexia grumbled and nodded.
This day was a write off before it begun.

Arriving at breakfast it was quiet, no usual morning chatter just a lot of pale faces trying to eat their breakfasts.
Alexia spent the whole of breakfast being clingy to Jay as she did not feel anywhere near 100%, Jay didn't mind she never minded clingy Alexia.

"Morning girls, after last nights trip out we will still be training later but it will be tactical training the running starts tomorrow. See you at 3pm. Rest up before then please" Emma announced before leaving the dining room.

The rest of the day was spent around the pool relaxing Jay and Alexia not doing much than stealing the odd kiss and speaking to the other girls.
Eventually they fell asleep in the sun together Alexia wrapped up in Jays embrace both wearing sunglasses.
The girls laughed they had never seen their captain as vulnerable as this, but they liked it she needed to unwind and Jay appeared to be the only person capable of making her do that.

At 3pm the girls sauntered off to training still not really fit to even kick a ball around but they had to their next game was in two days time.
Training went fast it was certainly more tactical and less running which the girls appreciated, it may of been down to the fact that Emma too was hungover but the girls wouldn't know that.

The girls quickly showered made their way to the dining hall where the noise was back to normal everyone enjoying each others company better.

"Jay what's your plan after the World Cup?" Mapi asked abruptly.
Alexia shot Mapi an eyebrow and Jay took a deep breath "I don't know I haven't really thought about it tbh, I don't want to think about it right now" and she hung her head a little, Alexia gripping her thigh with her hand.
"It's just I don't know how I'd feel not seeing you around all the time, I don't wanna make you sad amiga" the blonde girl replied.
"No no it's fine Mapi it's just I'm not a part of the team so not sure where my dynamic would fit in, you guys will still all be involved together and I'll likely be here".
Alexia felt a pang of sadness rip through her body, she had tried not to think about that moment too much knowing it might signal the end and the fact she didn't want it to end. But what would happen to them after the World Cup?
"All I know is you lot need to win it and that is what we should be thinking about, not thinking about me" Jay laughed trying to lighten the mood.

Emma was eaves dropping the whole conversation, "Jay" she beckoned her over.
"Look I heard your whole conversation. I meant it when I said there is a position for you here".
"I know boss but I don't know about that yet, like what about my relationship with Alexia?"
"It will not get in the way, I can assure you" Emma replied being serious.
"Like I really like her, how do I go about the approach of what happens at the end of this tournament?" Jay asks looking over at Alexias table. Emma couldn't answer Jays question which validated her fears more.

After dinner Alexia took Jay for a walk on the beach, it was quiet and Jay could sense something was on Alexias mind.
"You know you can tell me anything right?" Stopping and facing Alexia.
"Si?" "So tell me what's going on in that beautiful head?" There was a long pause before Alexia blurted out "move in with me! Lo siento Jay, I don't wanna be without you" Jay stopped her and kissed her to relax her.
"Amor, stop panicking I can easily buy a place in Barcelona. I don't wanna be away from you either. I just don't want to rush you, this is going quick no?".
As much as Alexia didn't want to admit it moving in together after a month would be a super quick way to the beginning of a relationship, so she just nodded.
"One day I will live with you, but let's see what a relationship is like with your normal football schedule before we make big decisions. All thought I would love taking you to bed every night" Jay now biting her lip and bringing Alexia in closer.
Alexia felt her stomach flip and immediately kissed Jay. "I can't get enough of you Bonita you are too much for my Spanish brain!".
Jay laughed "I love your Spanish brain, it is very sexy".
Alexia raised an eyebrow "you think I'm sexy?".
Jay rolled her eyes "Baby I cannot keep my hands off of you, you are always on my mind and everytime I see you I wanna kiss you and not stop unless you ask for more?".
"God I cannot wait to live with you..." Alexia then grabbed Jays neck and pulled her in for a longing kiss both not wanting to stop before the other did.

Jay and Alexia opted for a night in alone, one where they could show each other their love and have the privacy they desire. It wasn't just becoming sex anymore, it was apparent that during these times that they were deeply in love and it was just lucky that it was utterly fantastic, leaving both of them thoroughly exhausted falling asleep in each others arms and not waking til dawn.