Chapter Forty Seven

Jay went back to her villa tired but determined, she wanted to create the perfect session for the strikers to take part in tomorrow. She almost felt nervous it was like an unofficial interview for the job she had been offered by Emma.

Alexia sat behind her as she went to work on her laptop, she noticed Jay in full concentration mode and did not interfere, instead she sat watching her girlfriend proudly as she immersed herself in her work.

"Amor, how comes you are taking the session tomorrow?", Alexia asked still not knowing about the job offer Jay had taken from Emma.

"No idea, but anything to help the team. I think it's quite fun anyway, I hope the girls get something out of it".

"Bebe you are good at everything I think it will be perfect" the Spanish girl replied kissing Jay gently on the neck.

The programmes which Jay designed were very detail orientated, and went more into analysis of body movements and how a defender would expect the strikers to play next based on their body shape. There were further manuscripts showing how to always know where the goal was based on a certain marking of a pitch. Jay always had this theory that strikers think it's easier to score closer to the goal but actually there was an area on the pitch that she liked to call the 'the shoot anywhere zone'. She explained this to Alexia and the girl was fascinated, the reason she liked this zone the most was because 1: it meant the goalkeeper might be off their line and not expecting it and 2: it meant the shooting phase would automatically come into their mind once they saw the marker. She had used this technique for many years by placing a cone on the side of the pitch and when she saw the cone it changed the way she thought altogether.

Once Jay was happy with her program the pair climbed into bed and cuddled up not before kissing for a while. They were both so content that they chatted about the upcoming games and Alexia asked if she could analyse the other teams so that they could discuss it together, now she knew Jay was as much as a football nerd as her, Jay agreed before bringing Alexia into her chest so they could both finally get some shut eye.

The next morning Jay woke up Alexia to coffee in bed followed by lots of kisses, she was excited about todays session but she also wanted Alexia to wake up feeling good as she would be busy with the other players all day. Once dressed they made their way to the dining room where Alexia sat with Jenni, Patri, Misa and Mapi, she looked across to see Jay with her laptop discussing training with Emma who was fully focused on the plan Jay had thrown together.

Jay left Emma with a huge smile on her face and slid into next to her girlfriend and sipped her caramel macchiato and joined in the rest of the conversation.

Half an hour passed and Jay lead the strikers over to her side of the pitch, they all listened intently and first worked on body positioning. Unlike the other trainers Jay could play football at a very high standard so every drill she explained to them she also showed them.

The girls were full engaged and it all immediately made sense, proving that where the next play will be and how to hold the ball up to invite other players in made sense. They were all cheering when everything fell into place, they were clearly having a great time even though they were working hard. For Jay she knew these players were of high quality but she had to open up their minds not just their feet, both had to be engaged.

The next drill which was Jays favourite was the 'shoot anywhere zone', she explained it while others look baffled, that was until they tried it.

It immediately worked, all players activating it in their brains and allowing their mind to lead their feet. Emma came over and watched in awe as time and time again her players were shooting from range.