Chapter Twenty One

Chapter twenty one

The next morning Alexia woke feeling refreshed, she felt better than she'd felt for a long time and was excited to see how her day would pan out. The opening day of the World Cup was three days away and all she could think about way Jay and last night and then came the thoughts of the fact they would have to leave each other after the tournament.
She reminded herself that as much as she acknowledged her feelings for Jay she had to concentrate on the tournament and also the time they spent together now before the tournament was over. Besides she really wanted to win the World Cup.

Chucking her spain casual clothing on Alecia made her way to breakfast without even properly looking in a mirror which she would learn rather soon would be a mistake.

"Bon dia chicas!" Alexia announced as she joined her team at breakfast smiling more than usual. She was given a morning wave by her manager Emma who didn't need to ask questions about last night.

Alexia grabbed a double espresso and some porridge and fruit before joining Mapi, Patri and Jenni for breakfast.

"Capi, what is that?!" Patri suddenly waving a finger at Alexia's neck.
Alexia immediately knew slapping her hand there to cover it up.
"Ay dios mio, Jay you shit!" She whispered through her teeth.
Mapi and Patri gasped pretending to be shocked. "Ale did you do naughty things last night??" Mapi asks nudging her annoyingly.
"Mapi I'm nearly 30 please". Alexia clearly embarrassed to be having this conversation at all.
"I knew it! Pay up girls!".
Alexia sat there open mouthed, whilst half the room cheered while the others groaned.
Emma sat giggling to herself absolutely loving the dynamic of this team she so proudly led.
"Maria, will you stop. And girls I hope you're ready to run laps today seeing as your are running around gossiping about my love life!".
Another groan from the girls who silently went back to chatting about what ever they were before.
"So how was it?".
"Mapi seriously?".
"The date how was the date, we already know how the rest went because of that hickey on your neck".
Alexia rolled her eyes, "the date was perfect we went on a boat to a private island where there was it was really private and the food was stunning. Then she had arranged a firework display for me...".
"Hold up those fireworks last night were for you?!" pesters Jenni.
"Si, did you see them?".
"Ale they were spectacular we all watched them on the beach, now I feel like we were on that date with you".
"Barcelona colours si?" Patri asks spooning in some more cereal.
"Si they were stunning, then we came back and yes we briefly had fun but it was cut short because I had to be home by ten as agreed".
Alexia sighs reminiscing about that night wishing it didn't have to end.

Whistling interrupts the chat between the four girls as Jay walks in looking as refreshed as Alexia felt this morning when she woke up.
"Bon dia beautiful ladies".
She grabbed her normal caramel macchiato winked at Alexia making her melt at her table before joining Emma for breakfast.

"Morning Boss, thanks again for last night".
"Morning darling. How are you today?".
"I can't complain. Haven't felt like this in a long time. I feel weird saying it. Like is it too much too soon?". Jay ask sipping her drink.
"Jay one thing I've realised in all my years is life is too short to dwell on how everything is meant to be, whether it's too soon or not. If it feels right do it. She deserves to be happy and so do you. I know it not stop obsessing over how you feel or how she feels and just live in the moment, otherwise that brain of yours works overtime and we know how overwhelmed you get, trust me darling".
Jay nodded "thanks boss, I needed that".

"I need to get this rowdy lot to training, if you need me you know I'll be at the pitches for the next few hours and then I'll see you round the pool later?".
"Si Emma Adios".
"English Jay im English, goodbye". Emma left chucking to herself as she always did.