Chapter Thirty Eight

When the next morning came everyone woke up in the same mood, stunned.
Stunned from yesterdays loss and the events that happened after, Alexia woke up with a blinding headache and immediately looked for her phone to see no messages from Jay. She opened her curtains and saw Jays garage door now closed and her curtains drawn shut. She quickly got up put clothes on and went to rush out the door when Irene stopped her, "Alexia, that's not a good idea. She got home two hours ago give her the space she deserves" and with those words Alexia broke down again this time in Irene's arms. Irene couldn't help but console her this time seeing one of her best friends this way was tough. She felt herself swallowing at her own tears trying not to let it get the better of her.

Instead Irene dragged Alexia to breakfast where they sat together, the mood in the dining room was harsh everyone looked away when Alexia walked in. Not what you would expect to see towards the national team captain.

Jenni was the first to approach "Ale I love you but I need you to know what you did yesterday was out of order and we expect you to fix it. We're not saying get back together with Jay but you need to apologise" and then she walked off not giving Alexia a chance to say whatever her response would be.
Alexia stared at her breakfast bowl and slowly took sips of her espresso, she felt numb the only feeling she did feel was anguish at Jays expense. She loved her so much and now she had lost her, Jay treated her like whatever everyone else called her 'La Reina' and she had blew it all in a moment of madness on her on behalf.

Everyone ate their breakfast and went about their day, Alexia sat there staring at her still full bowl before Emma approached.
"Listen to me Alexia, I'm not saying she's going to take you back. Knowing her she probably won't and I'm sorry you won't want to hear that but you need to make it right and then you need to focus on your football. That is what you came here for whatever you had here with Jay was a bonus. I expect you on your a game tomorrow at training and no more media for you this entire tournament. Now be a captain and lead from the front".

Alexia swallowed hard at that truth from Emma, everything she said was right. It was bloody harsh but it was true. The part where she doesn't think Jay will get back with here is what hurt the most though leaving Alexia struggling to cry anymore tears as if she was almost empty.

As Alexia left the dining room she was met by a person all in black riding past her on a brand new Ducati motorbike. The rider looked at her before continuing their journey, that's when Alexia turned the corner and saw Jays garage door wide open. That was Jay, Jay had a new bike.

Jay had ordered the new bike a week ago and it had miraculously arrived an hour ago when she needed it most. She needed time away she needed adrenaline and she needed time to herself.
She spent the rest of the day up in the mountains taking all the winding roads and taking in the views trying to get her head straight. She was still angry and although she wanted to talk to Alexia but right now she would say some harsh things. Things she didn't mean and wouldn't want to say. She loved her god she was still crazy about her but she was hurt. Deeply hurt.

Meanwhile back at the resort Alexia was in the gym, working herself to the bone. It was meant to be a rest day but after yesterdays performance and her mood she needed to get it out of her system before she was going to attempt to speak to Jay.

Jay had stopped to get food and uploaded a picture of her new bike up in the mountains, comments flying in from fans now. Not hers Alexias obsessed fans.
@alexiaputellas liked your photo.
Jay locked her phone at the sight of it. Still too raw, tears brimming on the edge of her eyelids now. She just wanted her back, she didn't care she loved her. Even though she made her sad the only person she wanted to see when she was sad was Alexia. She knew she was going to have to face her sooner rather than later but she would make sure it was on her terms.