Ch. 20

Tails pov

We have been on stakeout for days, making sure Knuckles doesn't go anywhere near Sonic.

I agreed that Manic and I will do what we can to protect Sonic from danger.

He has been there for us more than once. It's time I returned the favor.

I also finally understood what drove Manic to protect both Sonic and Sonia in a violent manner.

He is willing to become a monster for them. After realizing it so will I.

When the night came, that Knuckles try to take Sonic, we were able to put our plan into action.

We peeked out to see Knuckles, Mephiles, Silver, and Shadow outside.

Knowing what he is going to do, Manic moved Sonic while he was asleep like he usually does and we made a decoy in his place.

Haft to admit, Sonic is a heavy sleeper.

Once we were able to capture Knuckles, I called the police while guarding Knuckles 'who was cuffed and caught'.

I still can't believe Knuckles would do this to Sonic, but I haft to admit.

This is a new low even for him.

He turns to me and said, "Tails, you haft to believe me. I didn't do this to Sonic!!"

I replied angrily, "The proof says otherwise Knuckles. You hurt my best friend and brother."

Manic then said to him, "I was really tolerant of you, red-boy. I was a mere fool thinking that you can be friends with my brother. But you didn't just cross that line. You smeared Sonics blood on it. Along with his eye."

Knuckles then protested, "But it wasn't me. Whoever you saw was not me, Manic! Yes, I yelled at your brother and blamed him for showing up late but I didn't hurt him."

The police sirens were heard as Manic said coldly, "That's what they all say, before they get their eyes scratched out. And I was ready to do that to you!"

Just after the police taken Knuckles away, we watched as Knuckles was in the police car.

Manic had given him a black eye just before they taken him away.

I even punched him in the same exact way.

Shadow then rushed to the police car with his two boyfriends and said, "Hold on a second. He's innocent! You..."

One of the cops interrupted him, "He is a dangerous attempted murderer. Sir, stay back and things will be peaceful."

Mephiles then said, "So you want to do this the hard way? Well do this the hard..."

He was interrupted when Knuckles tapped on the glass.

Indicating him not to start a fight.

These three are so naive. That's when Boomer 'also with us' asked, "Say, where did you guys hide Sonic?"

Manic answered, "We hid him in the closet while he was still asleep."

Shawn 'also with us' said in a questioned manner, "Wait, you put your brother in the closet?"

I answered him, "Yeah, we had to put a mattress inside so he be comfortable. Besides, it's the last place, Knuckles would look."

We were only lucky we put in a decoy to fool Knuckles. Though, we were originally going to have Scourge do it but he wouldn't do it unless we pay him.

But it is a relief we were able to catch that awful Knuckles.