Ch. 26

Knuckles Pov

Right after that awful event, I managed to get Sonic to the couch.

No doubt he's still shaken up from what happened. But if that doesn't prove I didn't try to kill him I dunno what will.

Silver explained that it was he that tied Sonic in the basement.

He was embarrassed. Sonic just looked down and sighed deeply.

Shadow and Mephiles just looked at each other in concern before Silver said, "This is a lot more serious than I thought it be."

Mephiles locks up the door and said, "Well? We can't risk Sonic being alone. So one of us will haft to stay here with him."

Silver then whined about having a 'special night' with his two boyfriends.

I groaned and facepalmed. I swear, Silver is so needy for sex.

That was when I told them I'll watch him.

Silver grabbed his two boyfriends and said, "THANKS KNUCKLES!! NOW I AM GOING TO HAVE FUN WITH MY SEXY BOYS!!"

He then drags them upstairs, leaving me alone with Sonic.

I can see the scars on his body as he shivered coldly. He wouldn't even look at me.

No matter how many times I tried to get his attention, he wouldn't even look at me.

I then asked, "Why can't you look me? Can't you see I'm trying to talk to you?"

Sonic finally spoke in a cold but more fearful tone, "Why don't you just kill me already?"

I was stunned by what he just said.

Sonic then said to me as he stood up, "Even if what I saw was real. I would still be killed by you."

I couldn't believe my ears. Sonic wants me to kill him?!

I asked in a cold tone, "Why the hell would you say that?!"

Sonic answered me but didn't turn to look at me, "You said it yourself; I didn't even care. I never understood. You were right about that. It's better to die by the real deal than die at the hands of a fake. For being a terrible friend. If I was your friend at all."

I couldn't believe this. He remembered those words that I have said to him.

I couldn't even believe my ears. My eyes were filled with horror.

Sonic just looks down on the floor. Doing nothing but stand.

I didn't actually think my words would hit him that hard.

Sonic muttered the words, 'Kill me.' He was waiting on me to kill him.

But I can't bring myself to. My own best friend, is asking me to kill him.

All because of what I have said. He then said while looking down, "Just go ahead and beat me to death..."

He then started to demanding for me to kill him 5 times.

Sonic then shouted, "I SAID GO AHEAD AND KILL ME DAMMIT!! STOP STANDING THERE LIKE AN IDIOT AND GET IT OVER WITH!! YOU AND I BOTH KNOW YOU CAN'T STAND ME IN THE SLIGHTEST!!"

I can see he was crying. I know he felt guilty for saving me too late.

This is my fault for Sonic acting this way and why this is possible.

If I had just not let my anger get the better of me, then none of this wouldn't happen.

That was when Sonic grabbed one of Mephiles daggers and said, "Fine. If you can't kill me. Then I'll do it myself. I shoulda died the moment you were going to kill me."

I reacted in horror and shouted, "SONIC NO!!"

As soon as I was almost there to him, he turned around and swing the dagger at me.

He then shouted, "STAY BACK!! ITS OBVIOUS YOU ARE ASHAMED OF HAVING A FRIEND LIKE ME!! NOW JUST LET ME DIE!! IT IS JUST AS YOU WANTED!!"

I said to him, "Sonic put the dagger down now. I was angry that day. I didn't want to hurt you."

Sonic couldn't even believe a word I say. But when Sonic was about to stab himself, I rushed and shouted no.

I wrestled the dagger out of his hand successfully but as a result, he stabbed me on the leg.

Sonic yelled at me in tears, "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME DIE ALREADY?! YOU HATE ME DON'T YOU?! YOU NEVER WERE FRIENDS WITH ME ALL BECAUSE OF ME BEING SO COCKY AND SELFISH!! YOU WOULDA JUST BEEN HAD YOUR LIFE BETTER WITHOUT ME ANYWAYS!! YOU SAID SO...!"

He trailed off cause I slapped him in the face. I couldn't control my guilt before I shouted in tears, "WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU ROYAL BRAT?!"

Sonic felt his face as I fell on my knees and said, "It's bad enough feeling guilty for not helping you when you screamed the moment that fake me tortured you! NOW YOU ARE JUST ASKING ME TO KILL YOU?! AND FOR WHAT?! FOR EVERY GODDAMN THING I SAID TO YOU!? WHAT THE HELL SONIC?! HOW GUILTY DO I HAFT TO BE?!"

I then said while crying, "I know I hurt you all because you showed up late. But you shouldn't let my stupid words get the fucking better of you."

My best friend and said, "But you hate me. I heard you yelling at me that night. I know you hate me."

I gasped, he must've heard me say it just before he got attacked.

Sonic was going to utter a word before I hugged him and said while crying, "Don't ever ask me to kill you again. Never ever do this again!! You hear me?!"

Sonic was frozen stiff. The bitter tears were falling and landing on my back.

He sniffed and hugged me tight as he repeated the words, "I'm sorry..." Over and over.

I couldn't say it. But I was the one who should be sorry for what happened.