Prophecy Girl- 5

Lucy's POV

My eyes fluttered as I finally snapped out of whatever trance I had been placed under. I looked up and saw I was being held by Xander.

"Xander?" 

"Lucy!" Xander replied, his voice cracking as he looked down at me. I glanced around me, trying to figure out where I was when my gaze landed on Angel who was holding a motionless Buffy.

"N-No!" I yelled, crawling closer to her, trying to catch my breath. "Sh-She's not... Is she...?"

"She's dead." Angel muttered, mournfully.

"No. She's not dead." Xander declared.

"She's not breathing."

"But if she drowned, uh, there's a shot! CPR!"

"You have to do it. I have no breath." Xander took off his jacket, laying it over Buffy, as he knelt down in front of her. He placed his mouth over hers, breathing air into her lungs. Angel and I could only watch as Xander began to pump her chest.

"Come on. Come on. Breathe! Breathe!" Xander stopped pumping, while Angel hanged his head in disappointment and sorrow. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. Luckily, Buffy finally opened her eyes with a gasp. She was lying there, looking around in amazement, as the rest of us sighed in relief.

"Buffy!" Buffy turned her head to the side as she coughed out water from the pool. We all shared a smile, realising that Buffy was okay. Xander reached out his hand, placing it on her forehead.

"Buffy."

"Xander?"

"Welcome back."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Buffy came back to her senses, she started to stand up, with Xander, Angel and I trying to steady her.

"Easy. Easy."

"The Master?"

"He's gone up." Buffy made a move to leave, but Xander stopped her.

"No. You're still weak."

"No. No, I feel strong. I feel different. Let's go!"

"Go where? We don't know where the Master is planning on opening the Hellmouth." Angel questioned.

"No, but I know how we can find out." I assured them.

"I thought you couldn't choose when you have a vision?" Xander asked me.

"Yeah, well. I've never been one to do as I'm told." I began to pray to the Powers That Be, demanding a vision of the Hellmouth's location.

"You forget your place, little Seer." The female oracle's voice rang in my head.

"You do not demand the visions. You are given them when it is seen fit." The male oracle's voice followed.

"Yeah, well, times are changing. Now you guys are all about balance; that's why you gave the Slayers the Seers. But I swear, if you don't show me where the Hellmouth is I will reveal every vision I ever get to the other side. And chaos will reign over the whole world." There was a beat of silence before the oracles finally responded.

"Very well. But know that this insolence will come at a price. This will be the last vision the Slayers will receive."

"We will pick a new champion. Our alliance with the Slayers and the Watchers Council is through."