Interlude VIII part 1

*Aaron*

Since our conversation, I've been doing my best to process all of it. Unfortunately, my brain's train of thought keeps circling back to Primal Dominant, Edgeplay, and Aftercare. Enough that it drives me to do my own research. Jack is in bed, it's late but hopefully doing this research will allow me to relax and go to sleep.

Grabbing my laptop, I prop myself up in bed and opened my laptop. Where to start? In order probably. I mean Primal Dom/play falls under edge play, so best start with those. 

Primal Dom. 

* Primal play: a style of BDSM that focuses on raw feelings and actions that are evoked by natural impulses and urges. 

*Social norms and niceties are discarded for a very unfiltered self. 

*The civilized shell gives way to emotions and sexual desire that range from happiness, joy, playfulness, silliness, sadness, and grief. Arguably, one cannot fully go primal out of prioritizing safety and comfort. 

*It allows the submissive who loves to be fully dominated to experience their fantasy. 

* Primal play involves using the kink tools we were born with. Nails, hair, teeth, and skin. 

*It's based on the concept of retreating back to the primitive animal persona, where labels and protocols don't apply. 

*There are many things that fit into this style of BDSM. For example, wrestling, pulling hair back, biting, and growling. 

*Primal prey- some submissives not in the primal kink might be uncomfortable with the term before learning a bit more about it. When the prey term is used some think of prey in the wild as things being eaten/food sources for the predators. However, in nature, prey don't just give themselves up to being eaten. They fight back. They run. If the submissive involved in primal play takes this into account and actually "challenges" their Primal Dom it makes it so the Dom almost has to prove themselves worthy and show how they can dominate while the sub puts up a fight of some kind. Of course, the sub can choose not to participate, the best way is to not react to how the Primal Dom is acting if they are really in the headspace. Then communication is key, letting the Dom know it is not something they are comfortable with participating in. 

*Primal sex is honest sex. The parties involved get to revel in whatever feels natural and good. They can express themselves freely and wordlessly as they do what comes naturally. It's about trusting each other implicitly. 

*Primal play is all about the connection. The best thing about connecting with your partner through primal sex is how you get to push and stretch your boundaries together. The connection is all about acting on instinct. 

*You can be Primal without being a Primal Dom or sub. Think of it as a state of mind where it can make something that exists inside you that's able to be unleashed when appropriate. Some also think of it as a state of being. 

* All of us wear masks in society, and we wear a different make based on who we want to be to different people. We show one side of ourselves and act a different version of ourselves around friends and family. That's what Primal play really is, just another mask. Not who we are, but a version of ourselves we let free. When we have the right people around us. 

Woah. I never thought like that before. We all wear masks. 

I know I started wearing one around Haley, mostly when I realized she was trying to manipulate me in a way when she started making accusations based on how much I cared about her and Jack. I wear one now around Jessica, especially with the snide comments I catch. I wear one at work that really only Dave can see through. He always knows when something is up. 

I wear one of strength around Jack. I'm Superman, right? I catch the bad guys. I have to be tough and strong for him. Be his rock. 

When I'm with Jacob, I'm able to start shedding my makes. Hopefully, I'll be able to be myself with him.  No masks, just my vulnerable insecure self. It'll take time, I know that and I'm willing to put the work in to get to that place. Maybe then I'll have a headspace that allows the stresses to go away. 

Taking a beat to settle my mind. I go back to my research. 

Edge play is an extreme form of sexual activity that falls under the BDSM umbrella. It involves riskier activities for pleasure, arousal, and stimulation. 
Edge play is a very subjective term that means to push or be pushed beyond your own comfort zone. 

Here are some things that can constitute as edge play. 

    - Anything involving blood, breaking skin, knife, or needles

    - Power exchange

   - Consensual nonconsensual 

   - Rope play

   -  Fire play

   - Temperature play

   - Golden showers

   - Scat play

   - Wax play

   - Forced orgasms

   - Orgasm denial

       * This kind of D/s power play centers on a Dom denying their sub partner their orgasm

       * Can be a profound way to build tension, make sex last longer, create and prolong desire, and so much more. 

      * Orgasm denial is bringing yourself or your partner to the point of orgasm and then backing off before they climax. It may be used by a Dom partner as a sort of punishment or to tease the sub partner during a scene. 

      * Orgasm denial can be a long-term decision not to climax in specific situations or at all. 

       * In D/s or other power exchange dynamics, this might mean that the submissive can only orgasm when they are permitted to do so by their dominant. 

      * The difference between orgasm denial and edging is that when you're edging yourself or your partner, you know that eventually, you're going to allow that orgasm to happen while with orgasm denial, the final climax is off-limits.

   -Gental Fendom

  - Ruined orgasms: a type of sexual experience that occurs when stimulation is stopped, interfered with, or reduced just before orgasm. It can sometimes be painful, disappointing, or infuriating for the receiver. 

  - Breath play

There is a difference between edging and edge play even though they seem like they'd be something or at least similar. Edging refers to delaying orgasms for as long as possible with the goal of ultimately having a more intense one- it's actually a great way to increase the intensity and duration of your orgasms. Edge play is riskier and may involve the consequences of potential short or long-term harm or death, it may challenge the conventional safe, sane, and consensual scheme. It's a risk-aware consensual kink (R.A.C.K).