10

Descending the stairs back to the living room where Yeonjun was engrossed in the TV, I couldn't help but make a sarcastic announcement, "Guess who got stood up because Wooyoung suddenly got 'sick'?" I gestured dramatically to myself with both thumbs and a lopsided grin.

Yeonjun let out a snort of amusement, his tone dripping with sarcasm, "Well, it's about time he realized he's sick in the head." I groaned, sinking into the couch cushions, feeling defeated as we seemed to be right back where we started. "He's probably off with someone more worthy of his time than you." Yeonjun bluntly remarks.

ouch?

for some reason, his words stung more than I expected. But then reality hit me. I didn't even care about Wooyoung, let alone wanted to entertain him anyway.

"Well," I sighed, trying to shake off the hurt and focus on the present, "It is what it is." I went back to eating my food, pushing the conversation and its implications to the back of my mind. Today was just another day, and Valentine's Day or not, I had better things to focus on than dates that weren't meant to be.

"I can't believe I'm alone on Valentine's Day, like I'm too hot for this," Yeonjun groans annoyed, and slouches.

"What happened to Soobin?" I asked, realizing I hadn't heard much about him since the party. Yeonjun huffed, crossing his arms defensively. "Just a friend, and he's straight!"

"Damn," I muttered, acknowledging the missed opportunity.

Yeonjun pouted, his wide eyes pleading as he grasped onto my arm and shook it gently. "Don't say it like that!" he protested, his voice laced with faux despair. Then, with an exaggerated sniffle, he pretended to cry, lamenting, "I can't believe I'm alone on Valentine's Day!"

"You don't have to be," I say, and my friend looks at me confused. "Let's have a guyentine, just you and me," I suggest, and Yeonjun sighs and shrugs. "Fine."

"You say that as if I'm not the coolest person ever," I say, faking offense. Yeonjun laughs. "Hanging out with you is like hanging out with my brother," his voice becomes low, and we share a moment of silence at the mention of his brother.

"Like him, I'll do anything to make you happy," I break the silence, and Yeonjun nods. "Let's go to the movies and then to the arcade, okay?"

"I would love that, thank you, San," Yeonjun stands up to hug me. "You're really the best bro ever," he says, and I try to hold my smile, hearing him refer to me as bro. I want to be more than that, but I also need to stop being so delulu.

After the hug, we gather our things and head out to the movie theater. The streets are bustling with couples and groups of friends, all caught up in the Valentine's Day spirit. Despite the initial disappointment of being alone on this day, I feel a sense of contentment knowing that I'm spending it with Yeonjun.

As we stand in line to buy our tickets, I glance at Yeonjun. He's scrolling through his phone, probably checking messages from friends or maybe even his family. I can't help but admire his features in the soft glow of the theater lights. He's handsome, with his tousled hair and easy smile, and I find myself feeling grateful for his friendship.

"Hey, San, what movie do you want to watch?" Yeonjun asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I quickly scan the movie listings. "How about that action movie you've been wanting to see? The one with all the explosions and car chases?"

Yeonjun grins. "Sounds perfect! Let's get tickets for that."

We purchase our tickets and make our way into the theater, finding seats near the back. As the previews start rolling, I can sense Yeonjun's excitement growing. He leans back in his seat, eyes glued to the screen, completely engrossed in the trailers.