Over Time - Kelly O.

Sierra & Kelly

📍Wells Fargo Stadium 8:45 pm

8:45 pm

7 seconds left in the 4th quarter. I was sitting court side with my daughter Malibu, Kelly's mom, and my sister Aaliyah.

The ball was passed to Kelly with 3 seconds left. He went for a three and the ball bounced out the rim....

The game was over.

102 - 105...

I watched as Kelly crouched down and lifted his jersey to cover his face. I felt so bad. They were one game away from winning it all...

His team crowed him and they all did a big group hug. I smiled faintly as Malibu crawled in my lap.

"Yes mama" I said picking her up and waiting her face.

She pointed to her dad and then looked at me with glossy eyes. I know she wanted to go over to him but now wasn't the time.

The gym started to clear out but I stayed in my seat with Kelly's mom. Aaliyah said her byes and left.

"Im gonna head out back home to gotta long drive" Kelly's mom rubbed my back and stood up putting her jacket on.

A figure stood next to me and I seen it was Kelly's coach.

"Hey los" I smiled slightly and stood up gaving him a side hug. "hey sierra, just comfort him please he's taking it pretty hard" his coach frowned.

I nodded looking at him walk out the locker room.

"alright see you later" I hugged his coach one more time before putting Malibu in her stroller.

I buckled her in and gave her my phone to watch YouTube. Kelly stood over me quiet waiting for me to finish up.

"hi baby... you did so good out there don't take it hard on yourself" I rubbed his shoulder and kissed his lips. He just stayed in his thoughts looking around the gym.

I put Mali's toddler bag on my back and then put my purse on. I started walking towards the exit and Kelly followed.

We reached the car and I put my purse and Mali's bag in the car. Kelly took care of Mali and I appreciated him for doing that. He drove to wingstop and got him an order of wings and a lemonade then we headed home.

Once we got home I gave Mali some apple sauce and got her ready for bed starting with a bath, then combing her hair and getting her actually into bed.

I went and took my shower and listened to calm music then did my facial.

Once I got in the bed Kelly was already laying down and eating his wings.

"I just want you to know you did a great job today me and your mom couldn't be any happier of how far you came." I layed my head on his shoulder as he stayed quiet watching the tv that played grey's anatomy.

I knew he wasn't trying to be rude or mean to me he just needed his personal space which I felt because I was the same when I lost the semi finals at my volleyball game and I didn't say a word to nobody.

"I just want you to be better for when the season comes back, and when this moment come you'll think of this same time and be different" I kissed his shoulder then turned over and went on my phone.

I heard him cleaning up his food then leaving the room. I sighed and turned my phone off officially going to bed.

The bed dipped in indicating he got back in bed and wrapped his arms around me. I smiled knowing he wasn't taking his distraction out on me.

He rested his head close to my ear and I dozed off to sleep. Even thought he may not have won the championship he still made it far enough to say he accomplished a lot.

...

I actually liked this even though it's supposed to be said lol.

Ima open request again cause yall been showing my stories lots of love 😘

mani out 💋