Last Law

Tell me why I'm feeling weird or awkward knowing I am about to spend an entire week alone in an apartment with my best friend's dad. Who...by the way...is young, attractive, and...I'm considering going to stay with my other friend for the week.

I'm not into Ryan. He's not into me. I am his daughter's best friend. But he's not even old enough to be my dad, or Lacey's for that matter! It's like Lacey has an older brother.

I couldn't imagine Chloe or Macey sleeping with Ryan without the headlines reading 'Dad sleeps with the daughter's best friend'. But again! An age difference of thirteen years isn't that bad.

Oh my God! Why am I even defending this acknowledgment in my mind?

Ryan is an amazing person! Brenda fucked up by cheating on him. He's an amazing father. He's a very attractive guy. He's smart. He's...

Oh my God! Again! Not my problem!

I have control over my life. I have willpower. I am not going to stay at my friend's house for the week because I am spending a week alone with my best friend's dad. Neither he nor I feel that way about each other and it will never happen.

"Well, I am heading out!" Lacey announces while rolling her luggage bag behind her as she heads toward the front door. "Dad is already waiting for me in the car, and I am honestly not all that excited about going with Mom. But I am excited about going to Cabo!"

I giggle. "Have fun. Love you, bitch! Don't do anything I wouldn't do. And for the love of everything. Find yourself some 'pleasure time' with a local."

She waves her eyebrows as her eyes dance with excitement. "I will try. Do you still plan on going to your friend's for the week?"
I shake my head while reaching for my buzzing phone from my pocket. "Nope. I'm going to stay here. I have work, school, and all the above."

"Well, then." She pauses and narrows her eyes like she's thinking hard. "Help Dad find a date if he doesn't go on another date with that one girl. Keep him occupied when he's home, but not..." She pauses again and opens the door. "Not occupied in any other way!"

"Gross!" I say in disgust. "Lacey! You and I both know all your friends find your dad attractive. But I'm not like that. And I have no intentions of ever losing you as my best friend either."

"Good!" She gives a snarky smile. "I don't think I could handle my closest best friend and my dad sleeping together."
I see the text from Chris. "Need to talk." And I slide the phone right back into my pocket. I don't have time to deal with his ass.

I return my attention to her. "The fact that you're even thinking that, bothers me!"

She rolls her eyes, and her face paints an expression I am not used to seeing. She has a look of uncertainty and nervousness combined.

"My dad and you would never do that. But look at it from outside the window. Or outside the box. He's fourteen years older than us...well thirteen years older than you. That's not enough to make it seem weird. Both of you are single. Both of you are living in the same place with no one around for the next week. Both of you are sexually active. And both of you know each other well enough. I know you two never would, but in a different universe, because of everything I just said, normal people would be fucking like wild animals. So, yes! I must mention that."

"Fair." I shrug my shoulders and look over at the time. "Have fun. I have to head out to work too. Make sure you send me lots of pictures and videos of Cabo."