Dear Freya

The wanderer lay on his bed, focused. He slowly and precisely wrote the last words of his letter on his parchment. His eyes widened, and his jaw hung open in shock. He did it. He finally did it. "I DID IT!" Koga shouted from the top of his lungs. He hops from his bed, rushes out of the room, and runs down the stone halls. "ELFO! MIRI! WHERE ARE YOU—WHOA!" Koga went into the air and fell flat on his back. "Ooooouch..." Koga groaned.

Miri looked down at Koga. "We have to stop meeting like this," She told him.

"Tell me about it," said Koga. He hops to his feet. "But forget about that! LOOK! I finally finished it!

"Oh, that's great! Can I read it?" Miri asked

"No," said Koga, keeping the letter close. "It's only for Freya's eyes to read!"

Miri shrugged. "Eh, ok. As long as I don't have to clean up more bawled-up pieces of paper, I'm happy you finally finished your letter."

Elfo would peek his head around the corner. "Did someone call my name?" He asked.

"Koga finished his letter to Freya," said Miri.

"He did? Oh, that's great!" said Elfo. "Can I read it?"

"No," said Koga.

"What? Why not? I wanna see what you said!"

"It's only for Freya's eyes to read. Nobody else,"

"But I wanna seeeee!" Elfo attempted to climb up Koga's leg, but the wanderer grabbed Elfo by the back of his shirt and held him up in the air.

"All I need to do now is get this letter sent off. Where does this castle keep the messenger birds?" said Koga with a big smile. He places Elfo down, takes the letter, and folds it.

"The messenger what?" said Elfo.

"Messenger birds. Do you guys not keep messenger birds around here?" The wanderer asked. "You know, birds trained to deliver messages to people?"

"Uhhh..." Miri scratched her head. "I don't think Dreamland has messenger birds. But we do have messenger turkeys."

Koga stared at Miri. "Do those work?" 

"Depends on the animal that's out in about." 

"Oh goddamn it," Koga rubs his head. 

"I can do it!"

Koga flinches and turns around. Turbish, the short and chubby blond knight, stood there smiling at Koga. "It would be an honor to deliver this letter to your fair maiden, Captain Koga!" He bowed.

"Oh hell no," said Koga, stuffing the letter in his pocket.

"Aww, why not?" Turbish frowned.

"Do you think I'd trust you to deliver this letter, Turbish? You've lost your mind!"

"Hey, I can deliver a simple letter! I'm not stupid!" Turbish shot back.

That's when Mertz appeared. "Hey guys, so we're all just hanging around In the hallway, huh? What's the deal?"

"Koga won't let me deliver his letter to his girlfriend!" The blond-haired knight whined.

"She's not my girlfriend!" Koga protested, which resulted in Elfo and Miri giggling. They stopped and started whistling when Koga glared at them.

Mertz laughed. "Yeah, I wouldn't trust you with a bag of apples, Turbish,"

"Oh shut the hell up, Mertz, you're not any better!" said Koga, placing his eyes on Mertz. "Last time I asked you to do something, you completely screwed it up!"