𝟰. 𝗡𝗼𝗶𝘀𝘆 𝗦𝗸𝗶𝗲𝘀, 𝗔𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗧𝗶𝗲𝘀

Chapter Four: Noisy Skies, Annoying Ties

As Virat and Nehmat prepared to leave for their two-month tour, Anushka and Vamika gathered at the doorway to say their goodbyes.

"Daddy, Nini, I will miss you," Vamika expressed, embracing their legs warmly.

Virat crouched down to Vamika's level, returning her hug with a gentle squeeze. "We'll miss you too, sweetheart," he said, his voice filled with affection. Nehmat ruffled Vamika's hair, adding, "But we'll be back before you know it. You take care of Bhabhi, alright?"

Anushka, standing beside them, nodded and smiled, "Don't worry, we'll have a great time together. Just enjoy your trip, and we'll be here waiting for your return."

"Come here, Nini," Vamika gestured with her fingers, indicating that she wanted a hug.

Nehmat knelt and embraced Vamika tightly as she buried her face in her neck, whispering softly, "Come back soon, Nini. I'll wait for you to have ice creams together."

"Of course, Vamii," Nehmat replied, pulling Vamika closer and gently stroking her hair.

"What are you two whispering about?" Virat asked, noticing the secretive exchange.

"Oh, nothing much, just saying goodbye, right Vamii?" Nehmat answered with a big smile, signalling to Vamika not to reveal their adventures from the previous day.

Vamika played along, her innocent smile masking the playful secrets shared between her and Nehmat. "Yes, daddy, just saying goodbye with hugs."

"These two are mischievous, Virat. I bet they were up to something yesterday. Their story about having niece and aunt time didn't add up, especially considering they came home late from school. I don't buy it," Anushka remarked, shooting a disapproving look at the Nehmat and Vamika.

Virat raised an eyebrow, glancing between Nehmat and Vamika. "What were you two really up to yesterday?"

Nehmat chuckled, exchanging a knowing look with Vamika. "Oh, you know, just some quality time and innocent adventures. Nothing to worry about."

Anushka wasn't convinced. "Quality time and adventures? Nehmat, I know you spoiled her with something. What did you give her?"

Nehmat feigned innocence. "Spoiled? Me? No way!

Anushka sighed, shaking her head. "Don't lie!"

Virat grinned, catching on to the playful banter. "Alright, spill the beans, you two. What's the secret treat?"

Vaimka giggled, unable to contain herself. "Okay, fine! Nini got me my favourite chocolate ice cream. But it's our secret, Daddy!"

Nehmat instinctively placed her palm on her forehead, realizing once again that Vamika's little tummy couldn't quite digest a secret. She exchanged a glance with Virat, who held back a smile, and Anushka, ready to unleash a barrage of scoldings. However, Nehmat swiftly gave Anushka a quick kiss on her cheek before making a hasty exit.

She could hear Virat's laughter booming through the house as Anushka scolded him for finding amusement in the situation. After a few minutes, Nehmat spotted Virat still laughing as he made his way to the car. "Paaji bas karo dange karvoge," she nervously exclaimed, trying to contain her own smile.

Virat, still chuckling, looked at Nehmat with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "Come on, Nehmat, you know I can't resist a good laugh. Anushka will get over it."

Laughter filled the air as the car rolled towards the airport. Upon meeting the rest of the team in the VIP lounge, Nehmat quickly immersed herself in the task of distributing the tickets. With just one ticket remaining in her hand, Nehmat looked around to find its owner but couldn't spot him anywhere. Just as a frown began to form on her face, the lounge doors swung open. Her expression transformed from mild concern to a wide, joyous smile as she hurriedly made her way toward the person entering.