𝟮𝟭. 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗜𝘁 𝗕𝗲?

Chapter Twenty-One: What Could It Be?

Nehmat reclined her seat and folded her legs, relishing the passing scenery. Shubman assumed control of the wheel, his other hand gently resting on Nehmat's thigh. She glanced back to check on Vamika, whose sleeping figure was covered with Shubman's jacket, serving as a blanket.

As the windows rolled down, Nehmat leaned against the window, allowing the breeze to caress her face. Shubman glanced at her, smiling. "Enjoying the ride, love?"

"How could I not, especially with you at the wheel, showing off those nerves and muscles," she replied, grinning.

"You seem to be quite the admirer," he flirted back, a playful twinkle in his eyes.

She admitted with a shrug, "Why wouldn't I? Especially when my man is good-looking. And let's not forget how your personality swept me off my feet during your debut match."

 "This is the first time a girl hasn't been shy about showing her love for me, openly taking the lead in the relationship," he chuckled.

Nehmat chuckled softly, playfully nudging his arm. "Well, maybe I just can't help myself when it comes to you," she teased, her eyes twinkling with affection.

Shubman chuckled and gently pinched Nehmat's cheeks, his eyes gleaming with fondness. "You're something else, you know that?" he said, his voice warm with affection.

She leaned in and placed a long, tender kiss on his cheek, her lips lingering for a moment. "And that's just for you," she whispered softly, her eyes expressing the depth of her feelings.

He held her affectionately, then gently parked the car on the less crowded side of the road. As they sat in the quiet of the parked car, Shubman turned to Nehmat, his expression softening. "I love moments like these, just you and me," he murmured, his hand finding hers as they gazed out at the tranquil surroundings.

Nehmat smiled, intertwining her fingers with his. "Me too," she whispered, leaning in to rest her head on his shoulder.

Nehmat chuckled softly, looking at Shubman with a playful glint in her eyes. "So, what was Vamika warning us about?" she asked, curiosity evident in her voice as she awaited his response.

He laughed, his chest vibrating. "She was warning that if I ever hurt her Nini, I'd have to face her wrath," Shubman explained, a hint of amusement in his voice as he recalled Vamika's protective nature towards Nehmat.

Nehmat grinned, picturing Vamika's fierce protectiveness over her. "Well, you better watch out then," she teased, poking him gently in the side. "I wouldn't want to see you on the receiving end of my Vamii's wrath."

Shubman chuckled, playfully swatting Nehmat's hand away. "Don't worry, I'll make sure to stay on Vamika's good side," he replied with a wink. "After all, I wouldn't want to mess with her fierce loyalty to you."

Nehmat laughed, her amusement interrupted by loud shouts coming from the side of the road. Both she and Shubman turned their heads towards the commotion outside, curious to see what was happening.

They witnessed a couple fighting, the boy shouting angrily at the girl, "You cheated on my trust!"

The girl shouted back at him, her voice filled with frustration and hurt. "It was a sensitive topic! I was scared to tell you, and now you're reacting the same way I feared," she retorted, her words echoing with emotion as she defended herself.

The boy's voice rose in agitation. "We are in a relationship! We need to be transparent in it," he shouted back, his tone demanding accountability and honesty.