𝟰𝟭. 𝗗𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘆𝘀, 𝗢𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗟𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲

Chapter Forty-One: Deserving Stays, Others Leave

The morning was a busy one for Nehmat as she had some parcels to export to the U.K. Meanwhile, Anushka, Virat, Vamika, and Shubman were given a home tour along with a vineyard tour by Evelyn.

The house was an enormous estate, sprawling across a vast piece of land that left Shubman's eyes nearly popping out of their sockets in amazement. The main house itself was a grand, multi-story mansion with large windows offering stunning views of the surrounding landscape.

Adjacent to the mansion was an extensive vineyard that seemed to stretch endlessly, with rows of grapevines meticulously lined up and basking in the sunlight. The vineyard was not just vast but beautifully maintained, showcasing the rich, green foliage of the grapevines against the backdrop of the majestic Alps.

Behind the mansion, there was a beautifully manicured garden, a true oasis of tranquillity. The garden featured winding pathways lined with vibrant flower beds, lush green lawns, and ornate fountains that added a touch of elegance. Various types of flowers and plants bloomed in every corner, filling the air with a delightful fragrance. There were cosy seating areas scattered throughout, perfect for enjoying the serene environment. The garden seamlessly blended into the expansive vineyard beyond, creating a harmonious transition from cultivated beauty to the natural splendour of the grapevines.

Nestled within the property setting was a vineyard machinery factory, a unique facility where both handmade and machine-produced wines were crafted. This factory combined the charm of traditional winemaking methods with the efficiency of modern technology. Inside, one could see artisans skillfully working on handmade wines, their expertise evident in every precise movement, while advanced machinery operated smoothly, producing large batches of wine with perfect consistency.

The entire estate, with its grand mansion, expansive vineyards, and sophisticated machinery factory, was beautifully nestled between the Alps, creating a breathtaking scene of natural beauty and human ingenuity.

When the tour finally ended, they reached Nehmat's office where she was busy signing papers. Nehmat's office was elegant and simple, exuding a sense of calm and professionalism. The room was tastefully decorated with minimalistic furniture, featuring a sleek wooden desk and comfortable chairs. Large windows allowed natural light to flood the space, highlighting the subtle, neutral tones of the decor. A few carefully chosen pieces of art adorned the walls, and a neatly organized bookshelf stood in one corner. The overall ambience of the office was one of understated sophistication and efficiency.

She instructed her team before signing them off, her eyes crinkling at the end as she noticed Vamika and Anushka, as usual, paying little attention to the men. Evelyn took charge, helping the team load the parcels and giving the family some privacy.

Vamika dashed over, settling herself comfortably on Nehmat's lap, while she gestured for Anushka to take a seat nearby. Meanwhile, the other males, uninvited, seemed to invite themselves into the space.

"Nini, the place is so big, you need to have a golf cart for going here and there. My legs are tired from all the walking," Vamika remarked dramatically, laying her head on her aunt's chest.

Laughing, Nehmat gently slapped Vanika's back. "Drama queen, you are," she teased affectionately.

Anushka leaned her chin on her palm, a proud smile on her face. "I am so proud of you," she said. "It feels like just yesterday when you wanted to join sports just to be with your paaji, and look at you now, the world's number one winemaker and a successful businesswoman."

Virat held back his emotions as he listened, watching Nehmat chuckle with one arm around Vamika, tapping her nails on the table. Her words hit him hard. "Priorities change, Bhabhi," she said softly.